Senior Development Engineer
Title: Senior Development engineer
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Development Engineer to join one of the world's leading manufacturers of construction equipment. Our client is a truly world class, family owned business. They are proud of their achievements and recognise that future growth and success is shaped by the ambition of their team. If you are looking for a career with a business where people really count, look no further than my client!
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Development Engineer to join the product engineering department, working on exciting and challenging vehicle programmes.
Reporting to the Test and Development Manager, you will join a highly focused, passionate team, working principally on the most technologically advanced products.
Your Responsibilities as a Senior Development Engineer:
- Leading test and development programmes to support new product introduction and sign-off.
- System specification, development and diagnosis. For example electrohydraulic suspension or CANbus control of powertrain.
- Creation of development test procedures and customer acceptance standards.
- Carrying out machine testing, on- and off-site where appropriate. This may include specific test facilities or real-world agricultural applications.
- Compilation of test and development reports.
- Problem analysis and the proposal of design solutions.
- Design, commissioning and operation of test rigs.
- Fitting, calibration and operation of instrumentation as required.
- Supervision and mentoring of junior colleagues.
- Liaison with internal/external customers/departments, as required during projects.
The ideal candidate should possess a Degree/HND in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering, or have equivalent experience. A recognised professional registration (IEng, CEng) would be preferred. The candidates should be able to demonstrate enthusiasm, the ability to communicate and influence change, as well as having extensive proven industry experience in a vehicle development role. Ideally this should be agricultural-based, but off-road, military or commercial vehicle experience would be considered. The position requires a flexible, hands-on open minded approach, coupled with a focused team effort to meet demanding deadlines. Computer literacy is a must and a knowledge of relevant software packages would be seen as advantageous.
What's in it for you?
To say thank you for your hard work, we will work with you to support your career progression and development. We will also provide a competitive salary, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company's healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
To apply for this role please send an up to date CV to ******************************* or call Elizabeth on ************ for further information.
To view other job opportunities with Velosi-Intec, why not download the Applus Velosi Jobs App - enter "ApplusVelosi Jobs App" into Google.
Intec (UK) Ltd was established in 1980 by Engineers for Engineers. We deliver Global Recruitment Solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear, Utilities, Rail, Construction and Aerospace Sectors for Owner/Operators, Consultancies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors. Intec (UK) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC).
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960294270