Head of Infrastructure / IT Manager - Permanent
Head of Infrastructure / IT Manager – Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £60,000 - £80,000 per annum
NST are currently recruiting for a Head of IT Services to work for a Global Entertainment Company. They have operational centres in London and New York that provide shared ‘back office’ services, including Operations, Finance and IT to the company. They have a friendly, ‘family’ environment - around 200 employees in total, supported by a small IT team of 3 systems engineers, 4 developers and a number of key external suppliers.
We are looking for someone who loves technology! Someone who loves to learn new skills, still enjoys the hands-on element of the job and has a genuine passion for IT & computing.
We’re looking for a capable and dynamic all-rounder to lead the IT Services team, reporting directly to the CIO. You will have global responsibility for:
- Delivery and Management (Helpdesk, EUC – mostly Macs, Email, Telephony, internally hosted infrastructure, AWS, LAN/WAN, key business applications)
- Key IT Projects (e.g. office refurbishment, GDPR, Office 365, Box Cloud Storage Refresh)
- Supplier management (both commercial and day-to-day)
- Strategic decision-making and group policies (e.g. hosted versus cloud, storage strategy, capacity planning, DevOps strategy)
- Managing and motivating the IT Services team (2 Systems Engineers based in London and US IT Manager)
- Ensuring that they are lean, agile and very user friendly.
The key technologies used include: VMWare, Windows Server, Linux, AWS (EC2, S3, RDSPostGres and RedShift), SQL Server, Cisco (UCS, Call Manager), NetApp, Microsoft Exchange
- Knowledge and good understanding on the above technologies listed.
- A ‘can do’ attitude – gets a buzz from delivering value to the business, evidence of ability to bring new ideas to the table
- Broad shoulders and safe hands – evidence of taking full responsibility and ownership for IT Services
- Experience of working in small, informal teams with a VERY varied workload – emphasis on ‘hands on’ delivery rather than just management oversight.
- Extensive hands on experience in the management of IT infrastructure (5+ years)
- Background in ITIL – but also flexibly applying ITIL principles to fit the environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Relevant certifications (e.g. MSCE, CCNA) and 2:1 degree in relevant discipline (information technology, software engineering etc)
- Experience in media/entertainment organisations (e.g. Mac-oriented environments)
- Good personality, easy to get on with and a good sense of humour would be great.
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact Artche Harrowell at NST Recruitment on ************* / ****************************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960291037