Role: Maintenance Engineer/Plant Fitter - Nights
Salary: Negotiable on Experience
At Ace Recruitment we specialise in the Waste Management and Recycling Sector. We offer bespoke waste management recruitment solutions and provide an excellent service for our candidates. Ace Recruitment offers a range of Waste management jobs and positions all the way up to Director level, not only for permanent positions but also for temporary waste management and contract jobs too.
A leading Waste Management and Recycling company Operating across the East Midlands
Purpose and Responsibilities
Our client is looking for an experienced Maintenance Engineer from a Waste Recycling or industrial background to join their team on a permanent late/night shift basis at the North Lincolnshire Depot. As Maintenance Engineer you will be predominantly responsible for ensuring the fill delivery of preventative maintenance programmes in the hour's plant is unable to operate. The role is also designed to deal with all of the key breakdown repairs as well as the delivery of the fully documented preventative maintenance programme to key mobile and static plant.
- To perform repairs/maintenance on the plant/ machinery to a high standard
- Ensuring operational deadlines and key plant are available at shift start so we can maximise the Production hours available
- To ensure documented and photographic evidence of all scheduled maintenance programmes and repairs.
- Follow all safe working and operating procedures
- To assist other operations where required
- Report any unsafe working conditions or plant/machinery to ensure the safety of all stakeholders
- Maintain the highest levels of housekeeping to ensure safety and a professional image of the organisation.
- To ensure processes are in place for shift handover and all rectification actions are logged and commutated to operational staff every day.
- Assist in reporting on a daily basis all issues relating to maintenance, throughputs and breakdowns etc. to Yard foreman/ management that will assist with operational planning.
- Ensure that plant data is collected and recorded as required.
- Monitor staff and ensure they are in compliance with all procedures and company policies.
- Monitor site out of hours and ensure safety of all on site personnel
- Ensure stock use is documented and stock levels maintained to carry our core maintenance role
- Ensure that a safe and clean working environment is maintained at all times, through leading by example and managing team performance. Ensure full compliance with all Company policies and procedures including health & safety and employment.
- Recommendations on maintenance improvement schedules
- Completion of daily job cards system for all maintenance programmes delivered.
You'll also have:
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team
- The role is a physical position which will be a lot of standing /walking and Manual Lifting
- Self-motivated person and can work in isolation
- Welding experience advantageous
- Knowledge of waste machinery ie - Trommel, shredder and various other plant
- The role will sometime need the flexibility of out of hours services to ensure maximum usage of the processing plant.
- Waste Management/Recycling Experience: 3 years
- Experience as a qualified fitter - plant specific : 5 years
- Relevant Engineering Qualification
- Welding qualification- advantageous
- Full UK Driving License
Candidates without the mentioned experience will not be considered for this position. Please read the specification carefully to avoid disappointment.
By applying for this position, the job seeker, authorise Ace Recruitment to represent you to clients and seek work on your behalf.
Due to a high volume of applications we can only make contact with successful applicants.
By applying for this role you accept the Jobzooma terms and conditions ******************************) and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960295175