Area Engineering Manager
Role: Area Engineer Manager
Package: Highly Competitive Salary + Car + Fuel + Company Benefits + Pension
Reporting to: Head of Engineering
This is an opportunity to earn an excellent salary whilst working for a highly established provider of security systems / integrated systems. This business sits as a recognised leader in innovation amongst their competitors for technology solutions and uses high spec security systems in line with their policy to provide best in class quality within the industry. The opportunity for progression is excellent.
The Company is a well-established recognised brand within the security and fire solutions industry, operating nationally they are considered within the top 5 providers for brand reputation within the market, providing a best in class service. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a name for yourself in a senior management position within a growing business. The opportunity for progression within your career is unusually high due to the growth forecasted for the business over the course of the next 1-5 years meaning the person who takes the opportunity will have openings for their next step within the business via organic growth and an upturn key progression of management as a result.
Key Job Responsibilities:
You will have full cost control and operational service delivery performance responsibility across a product or range of services in a defined area. The position demands that the job holder understands and responds to the needs of balancing service delivery requirements; thus satisfying customer expectations whilst meeting financial and performance objectives. You will provide the leadership and motivation needed to promote effective industrial relations and improve the region’s efficiency and enhance the company’s reputation as a quality supplier of Electronic Security & Fire related services.
- To support the Head of Engineering and Business Support Manager in all aspects of the fire and security business
- To manage resourcing in the event of sickness, leave or staffing problems by supporting other areas
- To Manage a team of 25+ Engineers
- To attend monthly operational meeting to support in defining and implementing the engineering strategy of the business and identifying best practice.
- To implement business strategy within the region including planning and definition of resource to support revenue requirements/customer demands
- To lead specific engineering projects/subject areas and to present back to engineering management teams
- To recruit, motivate, manage and retain a highly skilled fire and security engineering resource within their area
- To work with their senior engineers to carry out field based engineers’ audit’s/ monitor poor performance
- Assist the business support department heads with project planning/implementation
- To work with senior engineers and external auditors to carry out Technical engineer audits and to complete meter calibration in line with the company planner to ensure 100% compliance
- To develop and manage rotas for call out to meet operational requirements
- Monitor performance of the engineers’ productive hours vs non-productive
- Resolve customer complaints to a satisfactory conclusion or escalate accordingly.
- Assist schedulers with engineer cross skill expertise to maximise SLA & KPI performance.
- Implement and act in accordance with all company policies including but not limited to information security policies, environmental, quality and Health and Safety.
- Manage poor performing engineers through the performance improvement programme (PIP).
- Identify and support in the management and auditing of regional sub contract partner
- Implement and act in accordance with all company policies including but not limited to information security policies, environmental, quality and Health and Safety,
- Protect assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference
- Implement particular security processes or activities, as requested by management
- Support business needs in the event of an incident by following instructions requested by management.
- Report security events or potential events or other security risks to the organisation
Essential requirements for the job:
- Proven experience in a Security Engineering Management role including supervisory/FLM position
- Extensive knowledge of Intruder, Fire, CCTV, Access Control and monitored systems
- Proven experience with a variety of platforms in above areas
- Proven ability to motivate and manage an engineering team
- Demonstrates customer focused approach – can engage at senior levels
- Team player willing to share ideas / best practice and contribute to business strategy
- Ambitious individual who wants a career as opposed to a job
- Attention to detail and ability to plan and analyse data
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and willingness to go the extra mile
Desirable requirements for the job:
- Experience in managing a fire and/or fire and security team
- Hand on experience in fire engineering
- Previous management experience
- Possess a HNC, C&G HND, BTEC, or NVQ certifications in several areas. These include Electrical engineering security or fire equivalent experience Proven ability to lead on regional/national business improvement projects
The Company team has a really well natured culture, everything within the business is done with professional and an “as it should be” straight down the middle outlook, ensuring that the right route is always taken across the board and that employees are rewarded, and the business maintains its reputation as a good employer and a well-regarded brand.
The business has an award-winning training academy which is at the top of the industry standards and this runs throughout the business for the training and development of all of their employees across the board, meaning you will be consistently developed furthering your career within the business and industry expertise and knowledge as a whole. Assessed to the National Security Inspectorate NACOSS Gold standard for the design, installation and maintenance of their systems the business operates to the highest level of industry standard and always strives for excellence across the organisation.
The Head of Engineering who you would work with really closely with is incredibly personable, really a good person to get along with and is well known in the market for being a good, decent person with a great deal of experience within the industry. He will be a great colleague for the individual who takes this opportunity and his role is to develop your career and skills.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration and interview.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960294822