Monday - Thursday 7:45am- 5pm, Friday 7:45am-1pm
GBP30,000 - GBP35,000
Would you like to work for one of Lancashires most well-known and trusted Precision Engineering companies?
Ginger Recruitment are delighted to present this fantastic opportunity to join an award-winning organisation that has earned a reputation for supplying precision parts to the Advanced Manufacturing sector - including Automotive, Aerospace, Power Generation.
The main focus of this role will be to ensure that robust and accurate CMM programs are generated for all NPI components.
- Introduce work instructions and provide training to ensure effective use of the CMM program/machine by quality, engineering & production personnel.
- Maintain and improve current CMM programs to reduce downtime & improve efficiency within the first off & last off process.
- Review new design (CAD & 2D Drawings) with the Quality & Engineering team & devise
- measurement strategies to accurately validate components.
- Support the management of all quality-related issues within the manufacturing team
- Ensure inspection disciplines adherence to the Quality Management System (QMS) and are effective for the business
- Carry out 1st off/ Last off inspections
- Monitor/ Patrol (Physical/First hand) in process inspections
- Stop production in the event of manufacture of unacceptable goods/processes
- To maintain the calibration system
- Ensuring that all measurement equipment is registered calibrated and maintained.
- Conduct Faro Arm measurements
- Perform regular quality checks of components using manual, electronic measuring instruments (micrometers, calipers, verniers)
- Drive continuous improvement for product quality issues by supporting root cause analysis and corrective/preventative validation
- Undertake training in Lean methodologies (5S/ Lean Six sigma)
- Use Lean tools for Continuous Improvement and elimination of waste.
- Take an active role in meetings and problem-solving activities
- Keep up with current and developing manufacturing and engineering trends that concern product quality
- Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and contribute to team working initiatives
- Encourage the continuation and sharing of good practice
- Empower people to be proactive in their work
- Ensure that the Quality Management System procedures are adhered to where applicable.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree or ONC, A Levels, BTec Diploma Level 3 or equivalent NVQ level 3 qualification
- Training certificates in Quality (ISO, Gage Metrology, Geometric Dimension and Tolerance SPC)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the confidence to approach management
- Knowledge of reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Excellent ability to work manual measuring equipment (micrometres, calipers, verniers)
- Proven experience of successfully working within an engineering focused environment
- Operating and programming CMM machines to measure
- PC DMIS trained (Level 2 minimum)
- D&T Knowledge
- Ability to align parts using different methods
Should this opportunity be of interest, please do not hesitate to submit an application via email.
Ginger Recruitment is an independent North-West recruitment consultancy, based in Ribchester. Servicing businesses across the Ribble Valley, Lancashire & the UK, we aim to build long-term relationships with clients and candidates to help find the right person for the vacancy. So, if its the next step on the career ladder or a complete career change, Ginger Recruitment can help. We recruit for a variety of businesses across the UK in a variety of sectors, so if you are looking for a new position then give us a call for an informal chat. One of our experienced REC qualified recruitment team can advise you on our current vacancies as well as any other recruitment enquiries you may have.
By submitting your CV to Ginger Recruitment Services Ltd (GRSL), you are consenting to GRSL providing you with recruitment services as an agency defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973 and authorising GRSL to work seek on your behalf. You are consenting to your CV being forwarded to clients via electronic mail. You are also giving your consent to your personal data being included on a computerised database and its use in order to secure employment.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive per vacancy, we are unable to respond to every candidate personally and so if you have not heard back from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960292097