Role: Data Modeller
My global IT Consultancy client is looking for a Data Modeller to join their team on an initial 3 month contract.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Familiar with at least one industry standard data design tool (e.g. ER Studio EA Sparks, ERWIN)
- Understands the concepts of data entities, attributes, relationships, normalisation; understands the use of advanced constructs including super-types/sub-types, self-referencing relationships and arcs
- Can identify logical entities from a business scenario and determine full scope of relationship cardinalities including optionality; Build complex logical models featuring distinctions including identifying/non identifying relationships, subtype discriminators
- Good knowledge of at least one major RDBMS’ physical metadata capabilities.
- Can build a basic physical schema and objects based on a provided logical model
- Understand the inter-relationship of data tools and how these can improve data management maturity.
- Can articulate the difference between logical and physical data models and their considerations
- Derive data concepts from documented requirements
- Ability to clarify requirements with stakeholders to resolve gaps, uncertainties and conflicts
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960290778