Senior Data Engineer
NP Group are working exclusively with a leading VC funded tech start-up who are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join their data science and engineering function. Data rests at the core of this company- from their customer facing automatic valuation models to the tools their team uses internally. Their technology stack consists of Python and libraries such as Numpy & Scikit-Learn, Service based architecture in Flask, Elasticsearch, Amazon S3 and RabbitMQ. They are also about to invest heavily into Apache Storm & Spark.
The role is centred around the building and maintenance of data infrastructure You'll have the opportunity to join an ambitious start-up whose founders have previously been involved in numerous successful start-ups. Their mission is to become one of the defining tech companies of their generation by using technology to rebuild the process of selling a house from the ground up. Their vision is to allow every UK home-owner to get a fair offer on their house in minutes.
- Minimum 2 years' data/software engineering experience, with solid programming skills in Python
- Have a background in data/software engineering, for example, by having worked as part of a product oriented engineering team in the past.
- Have hands-on experience building and maintaining data infrastructure. This doesn't necessarily mean at 'big data' scale, or using cutting edge machine learning algorithms, but you should be thoroughly familiar with Linux, ETL pipelines and SQL databases.
- Take a scientific, evidence oriented approach to product development.
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible working (remote work once per week)
- Generous share option scheme
- 27 days holiday
- £3,000 budget for your perfect work set-up
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
If you feel like this is a suitabe position, please send over an updated copy of your CV!
Please note: sponsorship is not provided for this position
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960295232