Cloud and Infrastructure Graduate Analyst - AWS/Azure
Cloud and Infrastructure Graduate Analyst – AWS/Azure.
Are you interested in a career in technology?
The CIS Cloud Services organization provides Cloud and Infrastructure consulting and transformation services to Large Enterprises across Europe. It is part of the Cognizant IT Infrastructure Services horizontal, which services all verticals. This role will be within the CIS Cloud practice, which provides Cloud related Professional and Consulting services to accounts and clients within the UK and Europe.
We are looking for a motivated, career and customer oriented Cloud Engineer, focusing on Security (Design, Implementation, Configuration, Monitoring, and Compliance)
A cloud engineer will help the cloud architect, design and implement cloud solutions for customers in their cloud adoption journey.
We have an exciting opportunity for a graduate to work collaboratively with Architects, Application specialists/owners and Engineers
The role is hands-on and will support the Assessment exercises, proof of concepts and the delivery of public cloud environments as per design.
Typical day to day responsibilities for this role will include:
- Responsible for development and hands-on implementation of Cloud solutions (AWS/Azure/Google).
- Participate in the software development life cycle to ensure comprehensive Cloud solutions are implemented.
- Work closely with architects and engineers to deliver cloud solutions that effectively reflect customer business needs, security, and service level requirements
- Work with application and architecture teams to conduct proof of concept (POC) and implement the design in production environment in cloud
- Work with our current application teams to understand our current applications and contribute towards migration recommendations and to-be Architectures in AWS/Azure
- Understanding of the Cloud Security tooling landscape
- Development of automated solutions to monitor and support our software development and release processes
Skills and competencies
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and competencies:
- Some Knowledge in operating systems such as Linux or Windows, hands on and related debugging knowledge
- Exposure to support engineering or system admin experience on Linux or Windows systems
- Proficiency with any scripting languages such as Bash, Python, C, C++, Java or Ruby
- Understanding of scalable computing systems
- Working knowledge/experience on highly distributed virtual environment, networking, software builds and deployment process
- Articulate and justify conceptual ideas and solutions to clients and internal teams
- Able to work independently and identify and solve problems
What to Expect
- You will receive up to 8 weeks training delivered by QA Consulting held in Manchester's MediaCity UK.
- The training is free, as is accommodation.
- Alternatively, you can opt for a monthly bursary/living allowance.
- Starting salary of £25,000 per annum post training
- Candidates benefit from industry recognised certifications (where applicable)
Skills and competencies
- STEM Bachelor's degree, 2.2 and above.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with global project teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Candidates must have the ability to work and travel in the UK and Europe without restriction.
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centres worldwide and approximately 218,000 employees as of June 30, 2015, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.
Please apply now for immediate consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960291563