Business Systems Analyst
Purpose of the Role:
The Software Development and Architecture (SD&A) function provides mature agile development services for multiple customers and internal stakeholders, across a range of key software products and business areas.
As a Business Systems Analyst working within SD&A, you will form part of cross-functional, multi-disciplinary agile product teams and provide high quality business and technical analysis services. Your typical day will include:
- Gathering business and technical requirements for software solutions by demonstrating excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, hosting workshops and applying other requirements elicitation techniques where necessary.
- Producing, maintaining and taking ownership of all analysis deliverables required within software development projects following an established agile development methodology.
- Creating process flows, wireframes, mock-ups and other materials to remove ambiguity and support requirement definitions.
- Building and maintaining strong and effective working relationships with Product Owners to allow you to build, manage and prioritise software product backlogs effectively.
- Organising and leading estimation sessions with the wider Scrum team.
- In addition, to providing agile analysis services, you might also be called upon to produce Business Requirements Specifications, Functional Specifications, ‘As Is’ and ‘To Be’ process models, use cases, traceability matrices and other analysis materials when required.
- Working closely with the Business Systems Analysis Team Lead to prioritise and agree delivery of analysis services in line with product roadmaps, software release schedules and business priorities. A degree of self-management and decision making is expected.
- Build and persist Subject Matter Expertise in DLR software products and services and use that knowledge effectively in analysis and design assignments.
- Researching, planning and recommending system and software choices to meet requirements and ensure software solutions are aligned with technology and business strategies.
- Proposing appropriate analysis approaches and deliverables, and producing clear, concise and well-written materials in compliance with both internal and external standards.
- Work with architecture to develop solution designs that are in alignment with functional and non-functional requirements.
- Conducting stakeholder management and hosting of user requirement workshops in conjunction with Project Managers and / or independently.
- Working closely with designers and architects to design solutions that meet business objectives and software product and services architectural roadmaps / direction
- To support the behaviour of working as One, sharing best practice and collaborating with colleagues outside of own sphere of business.
- To always act and behave in a way compliant with all company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to values and behaviours, environmental health and safety, ethics and codes of conduct, as it is through living our values that we strengthen the culture of our business, and demonstrate our understanding of our Code of Business Principles.
- To Live our Values and adhere to our Code of Business Principles
- Act with integrity - We will be honest in everything we do
- Drive Change & Innovate - We will look for better ways of developing our business
- Take responsibility - We will take ownership to deliver individually and as a team
- Excel in what we do - We will be the best at what we do
- Work together - We are stronger as a team
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in a Business Systems Analyst role
- At least 1 years’ experience of working as an analyst in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Able to demonstrate a strong knowledge and understanding of the Scrum development process (Product backlog development and management experience is essential)
- Able to demonstrate a strong knowledge and understanding of analysis techniques and associated deliverables
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of complex web based, client server / n-tier solutions, database systems with at least some knowledge of SQL server
- Knowledge / understanding of Service Orientated Architecture and web services
- Experience and capability of providing excellent customer service
- Willingness to travel to any part of the world
- Ideally hold a BCS (ISEB) (business analysis) accreditation / diploma (or equivalent) or be working towards that objective
- May be required to obtain SC clearance.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960291290