Senior Infrastructure Consultant
Founded in 2010, My client is one of Europe’s largest cloud specialists. Their teams work with some of the worlds’ leading companies, assisting them in migrating legacy systems to the cloud, delivering enhanced services to employees and customers and accelerating time to market.
They are an ambitious and successful team and provide exciting challenges across industries and geographies.
The Workspace practice engages in activities across a number of industry sectors and works in close collaboration with the other practices within the business. Projects typically include, designing and delivering end-user compute and desktop virtualisation solutions on-premises and in the cloud, Active Directory (both traditional and hybrid identity solutions (often in conjunction with our own bespoke products), and secure mobile working deployments.
The purpose of the Senior Consultant role is to interact with high profile industry clients on a day-to-day basis. As well as technical engineering excellence, candidates must possess the highest level of presentation, communication and professionalism.
- Provide technical and project leadership
- Responsible for scoping required functionality with clients
- Design, engineer and implement agreed solutions
- Work closely with clients, proactively defining other areas for improvement
- Produce professional documentation, such as design and run-books
- Act as a technical resource within the presales function
- Mentor and develop junior members of the team
- In-depth experience of designing, building and implementing enterprise Exchange email solutions, including work on mail migrations and merging and divesting mail organisations
- Experience of designing Office 365 solutions and migrating users to new cloud email services
- Experience with Active Directory & identity and desktop security
- Experience of designing, building and implementing Windows enterprise desktop solutions
- Technical knowledge of operating system and application deployment processes and toolsets e.g. SCCM/App-V
- Technical knowledge in the following areas: desktop/app virtualisation (particularly Citrix based), desktop/app delivery, profile management,
- Familiarity with PowerShell and/or C# scripting
- Understanding of infrastructure concepts: network, storage, servers, hypervisors
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A good understanding of industry trends and tools
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to translate technical details into understandable business language for clients
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience of Azure or similar cloud platform
- Certification(s) (e.g. MCSE, Citrix)
- Experience in support/engineering roles in large IT estates
- Experience in working within financial sector
Interested? Please Apply now.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960295079