Weymouth, or Frimley
Up to £46,000
Principal Engineer - Would you like to play a key role in the development of navigation systems for the UK's new submarine platform?
You will be designing and developing safety critical navigation systems for the Dreadnought submarine class. These systems are safety-critical and mission-critical, and provide cutting edge capability to the Royal Navy. You will be at the forefront of defence technology, contributing to the success of the UK's defence programme.
Responsibilities of the Principal Engineer include:
* Managing the system design of the navigation systems for the submarine platform
* Gathering and managing high-level customer requirements and decomposing into system level requirements
* Managing design change and design improvement from existing platform baselines to ensure system functionality
* Cascading requirements to suppliers and carrying out supplier visits, to support the development and integration of sub-systems
* Being involved in design reviews, including those with ship builders, suppliers and the MoD customer
* Supporting system integration and testing
Skills and experience required of the Principal Engineer include:
* Experience in systems engineering - including systems design and integration
* Requirements management experience, preferably DOORS
* Qualification in relevant engineering field or equivalent experience
* Previous navigation experience / knowledge (eg Inertial systems/GPS systems/Gyro systems) - desirable
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast paced and growing organisation.
Click below to apply.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960292353