Data Analyst / Engineer
Our client are a Intent Marketing Specialists, who apply machine learning to identify consumer intent without assumptions. They provide transparent media buying, smart insights and expertise to enable brands to understand and intelligently act in real context and in real time.
The company are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to work within their innovative and growing Plymouth Offices (Plymouth Science Park). Plymouth is a beautiful and vibrant waterfront city, recently voted as the best city for families to live in the UK. Plymouth has an enviable location between the impressive landscapes of Dartmoor National Park and the breathtaking coastline. With a thriving, dynamic and creative university culture and the historical heart in the Barbican area, Plymouth is the perfect place to live.
This successful company are offering a competitive salary and remuneration package which will include Private Medical Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Life Insurance, 25 days annual leave, on-site parking, Contribution Pension and Employee Share Scheme.
- Perform complex analysis and communicate and report to an internal commercial audience
- Analyse data visualisations for insights into data behaviour
- Work flexibly to produce ad hoc scripts for the analysis of data
- Devise algorithms for the processing of data
- Create, contribute to and apply algorithms to determine business value and applicability
- Demonstrate business awareness and develop hypotheses and validate them through data analysis and the application of statistical methods.
- Supporting client facing messaging through evidence and insights
- Form and investigate theories for the progression and improvement of campaign performance.
- Work closely with Software Engineering, Big Data experts and Service Operations to further the capabilities of the company.
- A graduate in Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science or comparable subject or have a strong mathematical or computing experience in industry
- proficient software engineer
- Familiar with working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Adept at learning new technology
- Proficient with any of the common scientific packages such as Numpy, Scipy, Matlab
- Experienced in both quantitative and qualitative data interpretation and analysis
- Experienced in using Python, R and data visualisation
- Experience in Application testing
- Familiar with Cassandra
- Familiar with Spark
If you have the experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone TQR and ask for Louise. Many thanks for your interest.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960290863