Head of IT Professional Services
Do you have Senior Management experience in a Technology company / Managed Services (MSP) environment? Do you have strong resource management and people leadership abilities? Excellent opportunity to join a growing, fast paced and exciting Tech company with excellent future progression available.
In this role you will be responsible for leading, motivating, managing and developing the Professional Services team which includes IT Infrastructure Consultants, Project Managers and PMO Administrators. This team is responsible for providing project implementations, upgrades, improvements and enhancements to the IT systems of our customers.
The core objective for this role is to maximise Consultant utilisation by having an effective resource management process, being close to the customers, setting their expectations and by ensuring that your team is motivated and equipped for the tasks / projects current and future. Team management and organisation of people development via professional training is important. Responsibilities will also include the maintenance, roll-out and development of Project Management and Implementation methodologies adopting best practice in accordance with Prince 2 and Agile standards.
The ideal candidate will have previous professional services management experience in a Managed Services environment. You will have a natural talent for getting the best out of teams and a sound understanding of the technologies such as; data centre services, cloud computing, network services (WAN/LAN), IT infrastructure, storage services, security services, and desktop services. You should have a high level knowledge of technologies such as Windows Server, MS Exchange, O365, MS Azure, VMware, and Citrix. Please note that this is not a technical hands-on role though.
Behaviours and Attitudes Required
* A demonstrable track record of success in a senior level position within a IT managed services provider.
* A willingness to try new things to influence and embed change.
* Excellent time management, organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines.
* Results driven, focussed on objectives - able to turn objectives into action.
* Proactive & positive attitude.
* Able to demonstrate initiative and ownership.
Knowledge and Skills required
* Best practice management skills and a solid understanding of people management.
* Organisationally adept and able to handle multiple conflicting priorities.
* Able to analyse data and produce legible, clear information to support effective decision making
* Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to establish long lasting rapport.
* Effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
* Strong influencing, negotiating and decision making skills
Excellent benefits package including 25 days holiday, pension and medical available.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960293307