Big Data Developer - Hadoop/Spark/Hive/Impala
Our Nottingham based client have an immediate opportunity for a Big Data Developer join their passionate and highly skilled dev team.
This innovative and technology driven company is working on a ground-breaking service and need a Big Data Developer help steer the development.
You’ll be working with live data from close to half a million devices and third-party sources, helping to design and develop business intelligence solutions for use by companies all over the world.
- Development experience with Spark Streaming / Batch processing – preferably in Scala
- Development experience of Hive / Impala for data storage and presentation
- Develop scripts and scheduled tasks
- Administration of the Hadoop eco system – Cloudera CDH 5.2 and above
- Ability to understand data design and modelling
- Experience using Apache Sqoop (From SQL Server)
- Able to write unit tests for managed code
- Knowledge of Source control tools, TFS preferred
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company obsessed with technology, data and innovation.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960290458