DevOps Engineer Unix Oracle
DevOps Engineer (Lead) Unix / Oracle
12 months initially (FTC) - Permanent role will ensue
Our global client is looking for a DevOps (Unix) Engineer / expert to migrate their enterprise scale oracle systems over to SAP.
This blue-chip organisation are transforming to the latest eCommerce platforms from legacy oracle database to SAP Hybris (ultimately). You will be hands-on and be at the coal face with regards to the technical changes. This company are engaging and believe in personal and technical development. They genuinely care about the team and want people to grow and succeed.
As a DevOps Engineer your duties will include:
- Full understanding of the 'wider' technical landscape of the organisation
- Build out the risk strategy
- Identify and fix performance issues
- Delivery of technical projects (configurations and changes)
- Create a technical back-up plan for the project
- Cross training to a permanent member of staff
- Using build tools such as Jenkins (or similar)
- Mentor a DevOps Unix person (remotely)
To be a successful DevOps Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
- At least 3 years Unix, together with extensive infrastructure
- 3 years solid Oracle database experience
- AWS experience highly advantageous
- Any large-scale eCommerce experience will be highly desirable
- Ideally SAP hana / hybris
- VPN (set-up and support)
- SSL / Domains / patching
- Change control
- Great communication
This is a delivery / solution focused role, with the emphasis on collaborative team problem solving and overcoming obstacles. Communication skills will be paramount! Due to the current state of the projects, you will need to have a pragmatic, forward facing view.
Please apply or call for more information and to find out more about the opportunity.
Extensive benefits will come with this position, and there is a 95% possibility this will become a permanent appointment.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960291402