SQL Database Administrator
SQL Database Administrator
Location: Bournemouth, Dorset, BH8 8DY
Salary: £35-40k per annum DOE
Contract: Full Time, Permanent, 40 hours per week
Kognitiv facilitates beneficial trading relationships by directly connecting consumer audiences – via brands, corporations and associations – with the owners of travel assets. Kognitiv clients aspire to gain control over distribution and crucial consumer and market data to increased return on assets and to create tangible and meaningful value for their best consumers.
We are an entrepreneurial company with significant growth ahead of us and looking for outstanding people to come and join us. This is an exciting opportunity to work for an international business, in a high energy environment with a collaborative, smart and passionate team.
Role and Responsibilities
We are a fun and laid back office offering a stimulating role that is extremely rewarding for the right candidate.
We currently have an exciting role for an experienced SQL Database Administrator to join our expert Development Team to help take our award-winning CMS and Travel booking Systems forward. This role is a demanding one, but will be hugely rewarding for the right candidate. The DBA will be responsible for maintaining the company’s database systems (currently MS SQL Server) including back-up, performance tuning, capacity planning, monitoring critical events and documentation.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience
- Commercial experience in administering Microsoft SQL server databases (SQL Server 2012 or above)
- Extensive experience writing T-SQL and stored procedures and query tuning on high-transaction systems
- Experienced in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Sound knowledge of RDBMS concepts, database architecture and SQL/T-SQL
- Proficient with SQL server profiler for monitoring and troubleshooting database activity and performance
- Ability to develop procedure documents and maintain detailed database related documents
- Innovative approach to work, constantly looking for upgrading the system to more efficient and effective new technologies
Benefits package to include a selection of:
Our motto is if our staff are happy, then so are our customers, so working for Kognitiv comes with many benefits you can choose from, of which we have listed a few below, but these are always being updated:
- Competitive basic salary
- Annual salary review
- Up to 25* days a year holiday entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Flexi-time (subject to completion of training)
- Access to Perkbox e.g. high street discounts, cycle to work scheme etc. (after 6 months)
- Buy & Sell Holiday Scheme (after 12 months)
- Get your birthday as a paid day off (after 12months)
- Childcare Vouchers (after 12 months)
- Private Medical Insurance or £500 towards Gym Membership (after 24 months)
- £300 towards a training program or course of your choice (after 24 months)
- Free access to online training platform Lynda - covering multiple subjects including hobbies.
- Regular Team Incentives
- Excellent Training Program to help increase your knowledge and skillset
If you have the required skills and experience, click on APPLY and forward your up to date CV and cover letter, explaining why you are a good fit for this role.
Strictly no agencies please.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960293128