Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
One of the UK's leading food suppliers with a reputation for quality and innovation is seeking an experienced multiskilled maintenance engineer to join their team.
You will be responsible for the building, grounds and general equipment on site involving fault finding and remedial work. Monitoring reactive and scheduled contractual work in progress whilst ensuring the awareness of, and adherence to, current Health & Safety legislation.
· Communicate directly with the General Site Manager and Compliance Manager to co-ordinate maintenance and repair work.
· Assist with planning and implementing site and plan improvements and expansions.
· Monitor operation of plant equipment and systems.
· Monitor the use of inventories for parts and maintenance supplies and equipment and initiate re-ordering when necessary.
· Prioritise, cost and respond to requests for improvement work.
· Cost all works to ensure they represent value for money and secure budgetary funding in advance of work proceeding.
· Check that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follows up on any deficiencies.
· Undertake routine safety inspections in line with internal audit procedures liaising with site Compliance Manager.
· Ensure that all contractors are aware of and observe site H & S regulations and Food Safety rules.
· Manage onsite fire systems.
Skill and Knowledge Requirements:
· Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and quality control.
· 17th Edition essential
· Knowledge of food manufacturing or FMCG processes desirable.
· Knowledge of process-packaging-service equipment.
· Maintenance management experience
· Excellent verbal communication skills.
· Strong organisational and planning skills.
The position comes with a competitive salary and you will be working day shifts Mon-Fri only. 25 days holiday, excellent contributory pensions scheme, life assurance and annual company bonus are all included
Please apply online if you believe you have the skills and experience required.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960291484