Russam GMS is delighted to be working with a global, luxury retailer.
Role & Responsibilities
Due to an internal relocation, there is an opportunity for a Financial Controller based in their central London office.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Financial Controller will be responsible for all financial information used for monthly Group reports and yearly statutory accounts, as well as the day to day accounting functions. The Financial Controller will also be responsible for the leadership and development of four direct reports, and their teams.
As Financial Controller you will be included in confidential board meeting and mandates, as well as communicating and reporting regularly with the Global Head Office.
The Desired Applicant
The successful Financial Controller will be a fully qualified Chartered Accountant with current and in-depth experience in a similar role within a retail organisation, specifically with retail stores.
Specific experience will include:
- Month end closing including COS, TRE, TAX, CRA reporting, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Ad hoc analysis
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Preparation and review of Corporation Tax computations and returns
- Statutory audits
- Payment reviews and SAP follow up, bank transfers and customer refunds
- Assisting stores daily
- SAP Proficiency
- HMRC enquires – corporation tax, VAT and employment taxes
- Treasury management and monthly cash flow forecasts
- External audits, organisation and follow up
- Liaison with lawyers and banks
- Extensive legal knowledge of UK accounting and finance
- Team leadership, development and inspiration
- Senior level communication and reporting
How to apply
Interested applicants should provide, an up-to-date CV in Word format which highlights your specific accounting and retail experience. No other documents are required at this stage.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960292269