Design Engineer - Rigs
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Design Engineer to join our Rig Design Team within the Nuclear Propulsion Systems OBU in Derby Raynesway.
As a Design Engineer you will be part of a team of engineers generating designs for test rigs, taking them from the concept stages through detail design, supporting manufacture and commissioning activities before handing the rig and supporting them in use. You will use your engineering expertise to arrive at solutions that are optimised for cost, quality and delivery in line with the customer requirements. You will utilise experience and lessons learned captured within our working processes.
Whilst predominantly working in support of the new naval plant designs, the rig design department also supports the design of integrated mechanical, fluid system and electrical installations for facilities and temporary installed equipment.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
Our nuclear business is a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy's nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority, managing all aspects of plant design, safety, manufacture, performance and through-life support.
- Contribute to design activities for a number of rigs and work in close collaboration with the rig operators and test sponsors to ensure the final rig designs are optimised for their purpose of testing systems and components.
- Work within in team of engineers and provide support to wider team; provide Design support to suppliers to ensure equipment is supplied in accordance with technical requirements.
- Preparation of technical documentation and engineering justifications for the rig designs.
- Understand and apply relevant codes in area of work i.e. Pressure Equipment Directive, Machinery Regulations.
- Support the technical programme to deliver the required outputs on time, to agreed cost and quality.
- Degree in mechanical engineering or similar relevant discipline, although past experience and capability will be taken into consideration.
- Track record of delivering solutions against specific customer and technical requirements to time, cost and quality.
- Interpretation and understanding of engineering definition and drawings.
- Sound knowledge of engineering principles including: mechanical design, design substantiation and design for manufacture.
- System design, manufacturing experience, appreciation of electrical and mechanical machinery is desirable.
- Chartered Engineer via Institute of Mechanical Engineers or Institution of Chemical Engineers achieved or working towards would also be desirable.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Create an ocean of power. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
This role is subject to Full UK Security Clearance.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960294158