DevOps Trainer - Manchester
DevOps Trainer – Manchester
Are you passionate about technology?
Looking for a new challenge with a company that has won Computing Magazine DevOps Excellence Awards 2017?
Sounds interesting? Please read on…
QA Ltd is the UK’s number 1 technical training provider. With over 6000 clients and operating within 80% of the FTSE 250, we are a world leader of IT training. QA Consulting, a division of QA Ltd, have the unique ability to use this world class training to provide outstanding consultants to the largest companies in the UK. QA Consulting have an academy in Manchester where we train our consultants in market leading technologies and we are looking to grow our training scheme.
This role is for an Academy trainer in QA Consulting who has a strong to expert knowledge in DevOps and / or Linux administration.
- Operating systems: Linux (Ubuntu, Centos, REHL)
- Cloud platforms: AWS, Chef or Ansible
- Configuration management: Chef, Docker, Puppet or Chef
- Containerisation: Docker and Kubernetes
- Scripting: Bash, Python and Ruby
This role is for someone who is passionate about learning and experimenting with the latest trends in engineering and also enjoys imparting knowledge to others.
If you like to research, learn and impart your technical skills onto others then this role if for you. You will have excellent customer facing, interpersonal and communication skills, along with the ability to work independently.
At QAC we look for real experts in their field who are passionate about their subject. We don’t expect everyone to come to us as specialists in training as well (although that would be nice) – we can provide that part as we are experts in learning and development.
Training courses typically follow groups of graduates who will be shaped in order to prepare them to start careers in the most exciting areas of technology in some of the biggest organisations in the UK.
- To deliver both bespoke courses in relation to DevOps and cloud computing
- To take responsibility for developing and maintaining agreed courses
- To maintain an up-to-date skills base through personal development and accreditation activities
- Keep and report data on completed courses, absences, issues etc.
- Determine course content according to objectives
Skills and experience required
- Solid DevOps experience gained in a commercial environment
- Solid Linux skills
- Exposure to continuous integration, cloud and configuration management
- Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical subjects
- Degree in a relevant technical field
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities
- Web Front end experience is advantageous but not essential
- Outstanding communication skills and comfortable speaking to crowds
Please apply now for immediate consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960291673