Test & Development Engineer
Cobham Mission Systems are recruiting for a Test & Development Engineer to strengthen our Test and Environmental Engineering group who are responsible for functional and environmental development and qualification activities to support integrated project teams (IPT).
The Test & Development Engineer will be expected to follow current departmental process and will be encouraged to participate in the further development of these processes. The successful candidate will work as part of an engineering team at IPT or at sub system level supporting activities demonstrating the function and performance of our products in their operating environment. The majority of the work will be carried out at Cobham Mission System's purpose built engineering facility in Wimborne, Dorset. Occasional (infrequent) travel may be required to support the progression of tasks at external test facilities.
This role is ideally suited to someone with experience working within the Aerospace industry or a similarly regulated engineering industry and who has a willingness to learn and develop their career as an Engineer.
As a Test & Development Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Relevant degree or a recognised engineering apprenticeship and HNC/HND.
- Minimum of 2 years working in an engineering industry.
- Awareness of test & development engineering activities and understanding of engineering life cycle management.
- Experience of requirements management tools (DOORS, CRADLE etc)
- Awareness of performing environmental and functional testing at component and system levels.
- Awareness of environmental test standards (RTCA DO160, MIL-STD-810 etc.) is desirable.
As a Test & Development Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Provide technical input to requirements definition and validation.
- Customer and supplier facing responsibilities to discuss and agree qualification strategy and activity.
- Compilation of development and qualification plans including functional, environmental and mechanical aspects.
- Compilation of test procedures and reports.
- Analysis and interpretation of test data.
- Equipment and system evaluation against requirements to produce qualification statements including analysis and comparison of requirements and build standards.
- Input to verification matrices at equipment, sub-system or system level to demonstrate compliance to customers.
- Planning, arranging and attending test activities including control of test hardware, test support equipment, transportation and test cost and schedule.
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world's leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
About Cobham plc
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960291851