Engineering Degree Apprentice
This is an exceptional Engineering Degree Apprentice Programme, having been established in 2009, and provides continued study with experience of exciting Avionics Projects. Exposing you to all areas of a world leading global organization, you will have the opportunity to see, first-hand, how ideas come to life.
Engineering Degree Apprentices benefit from GE’s global breadth by working alongside project teams across the world.
The Engineering Degree Apprentice Programme is a fantastic opportunity to challenge yourself in an encouraging, harmonious environment, while gaining hands on experience of some of the most advanced engineering challenges in the world today.
The programme consists of:
APPRENTICE LEVEL 6 (Years 1 - 5)
- NVQ Level 2 in Performing Engineering Operations (PEO)
- Institute of Leadership & Management Level 3 Certificate in Leadership & Management
- Professional Registration as IET Engineering Technician (EngTech)
- 6 month rotations within our engineering teams to gain skills and experience through working in live Avionics projects in Years 2 & 3
- Longer rotations, within a specific engineering discipline, within our engineering teams to continue development of engineering skills and experience in Years 4 & 5
- Residential courses to improve your Professional Development Skills, including presentations, collaboration and leadership skills, as well as your business insight
- Enrolment to the GE Gold Development Award scheme
- Support from Technical and Pastoral Mentors
- Numerous opportunities to participate in enrichment activities, local schools' engagement, the GE Apprentice network and various external events such as the Cheltenham Science Festival, Imagineering, Go4SET, GirlsGetSET and the K'Nex Challenge
- Six Sigma Greenbelt Certification
- BEng (Hons) Electronic & Computer Engineering
Beyond Year 5:
- Aviation Appreciation Course (Ground School & Flight Training)
- Professional Registration as IET Incorporated Engineer (IEng)
APPRENTICE LEVEL 7 (Years 5 - 7)
- The option to continue to a bespoke MSc in Digital Electronics Systems Engineering
- A full-time engineering role in one of our key avionics projects
- Progression towards Professional Registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng) with the IET
On completion, you will have the skills and experience required for future positions across our engineering functions, including:
Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Hardware & Test Systems and In-Service Product Support allowing you the scope to grow your career in a variety of directions.
This posting is for our September 2018 Apprentice intake, and Assessment Centres will take place during Jan/Feb/Mar 2018. If you are successful in getting through the initial CV screening, you will be invited to take an online, on-demand, interview. Invitations for online interviews will be issued via email.
View Req 813340BR : Engineering Degree Apprentice You will need a minimum of 96 UCAS points via:
- Three A-levels at grade C or above - one of which must be Maths, plus another STEM-based subject such as Physics/Electronics/Computing or similar, or,
- BTEC Extended Diploma in Engineering at grade MMM or above, or equivalent qualification with appropriate Maths component
You will also need to demonstrate:
- An analytic, collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Dedication to a career in technology and a genuine passion for engineering
- Pro-activity and enthusiasm
- Positive team-working skills
- Problem-solving and solution-building skills
- Commitment to Personal Development and Community Volunteering
- An awareness of GE Aviation Systems business and products
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test.
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security.
Additional consideration will be given if you are able to demonstrate:
- GE Work Experience and/or participation in one of our Educational Strategy schemes (GirlsGetSET, Cheltenham Science Festival, K’Nex Challenge, Schools STEM Awards, Imagineering, Go4SET, etc.)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960293814