Digital Consultant Lead
Digital Consultant Lead - Digital Marketing, Ecommerce, PPC, Display, Paid social
Duration: 6 Months
Location: West London
The interim Digital Consultant Lead is a new position, developed as a result of the clients high growth and success across the business and in particular with our online channel. You will develop the digital marketing strategy across PPC, programmatic display, affiliates, paid social, email and other emerging channels. Leveraging in-house marketing technology capabilities, a team of 10 (and wider cross-functional support) and external agencies and third party data vendors - you will oversee a best-in-class execution, optimisation and innovation programme, to deliver to our high growth plan and ambitions. Ultimately, you are responsible for ensuring we achieve excellence across all digital channels as well leadership, inspiration and technical expertise to deliver material change and digital development across the team and the wider business.
The successful candidate will lead and develop a team of digital marketing experts; empowering them to make data driven decisions to drive acquisition, winback - and ultimately net growth in the most cost efficient manner (measured principally by CPA). This includes:
- Developing our marketing plans and managing our (+£15m) budget across all the main (and emerging) digital marketing channels
- Owning and refining regular reporting on metrics and provide ongoing optimisation based on robust insight and data; whilst matrix-managing your optimisation programme across in-house teams and external agencies to deliver the lowest possible CPA
- Defining the strategic vision and roadmap for digital marketing, (growth. operational efficiency, etc.) and work closely with a number of teams to deliver this
- You and your team will maintain expert knowledge of best practices and strategies in the management of online paid media - and ensuring we are always exploring 'the next big thing'
- You will maintain and further develop the test-and-learn culture across the team - ensuring our communications are insight-driven, audience-led, supportive of our strategy and objectives - and communicated and understood across the business
- To be successful, you will collaborate and partner effectively with other functional areas, including Technology, Data Science, Finance, Customer Marketing and Operations. You will be identifying marketing technology requirements and working across teams to develop in-house and third-party solutions to meet your specifications
- You will need be to a first-class communicator and comfortable with regularly presenting and sharing information among stakeholders; including at Director/C-level
This is a senior position among one of the leading digital advertisers in the UK. You will enjoy working in our team if you a real digital advocate, with a passion for delivering results and with an excellent commercial understanding. To be successful in this role you will
- Have previous experience at a similar level; managing a large team
- A vast understanding of digital marketing with a demonstrable track record of introducing or managing operations that include multiple digital channels, attribution, programmatic buying, conversion rate optimisation and large media budgets
- Specifically you have a thorough working knowledge of all PPC, display, paid social, email, affiliates and programmatic - and a proven track record of growth and success across all of these channels
- You are highly numerate and analytical - with the ability to draw out insights and quickly develop plans to deliver on the opportunity that these present
- You both thrive and have experience of environments that are highly commercial and sales orientated
- You have excellent leadership skills and any experience recruiting and building new teams would be particularly advantageous
- You are by nature curious, entrepreneurial and restless - and use these traits to generate great energy and positivity among your team, peers and colleagues
- Not surprisingly therefore, you thrive on ownership and accountability -possess great communication skills - and have a high appreciation that you will only be successful through collaboration
Suitable Candidates should submit CVs in the first instance.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960295150