As an experienced Java Developer you will be involved in the development, support, maintenance and continual improvement of our core IT systems. This position covers everything from the development of back-end services to modern front-end websites, as well as automated testing, build pipelines and automated deployment.
Java Developer role and responsibilities:
- Delivery of new functionality/systems and maintenance of existing systems from design through to implementation and post implementation support.
- Following agile development practices, including daily scrum, planning and retros.
- Contributing to the overall design of our systems
- Delivery of quality code to defined standards
- Test Driven Development
- Providing coaching and mentoring to less experienced developers
- Working collaboratively across IT and Business functions to deliver solution or resolve underlying production system issues.
- Provision of Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management
Java Developer skills and experience:
Significant commercial experience in the below areas:
- Frontend development (e.g. Angular, ReactJS or similar)
- Message queuing systems and/or Streams, preferably Kafka
- Build automation using tools such as Jenkins
- Automated testing
- Databases, SQL and No-SQL document stores, preferably Mongo
- Java Frameworks, particularly Spring Boot.
- Basic Linux knowledge
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960292898