Risk & Compliance Officer
Risk & Compliance Officer
£22,500 + 10% Bonus
Our client is a successful debt recovery business sited on the outskirts of Leeds; due to expansion of the business they are looking for a Risk & Compliance Officer to join their team.
Our client has gone from strength to strength over the last year. One of the biggest achievements was obtaining FCA Authorisation in August 2016, followed by Investor in Customers Silver Accreditation in August 2017 and more recently new and increased investment has taken place, creating further opportunities for growth.
Excitingly, the client has rapidly established itself as a major player in the Debt Purchase market over the past 8 years and is regarded as a highly respected organisation. This is an extremely exciting time to join the company based on the fast growth and the development opportunities they offer their staff.
As Risk & Compliance Officer, you will oversee the business compliance program, functioning as an effective 2nd line oversight function and objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the business. This will involve:
- Reviewing internal policies and procedures and ensure compliance to Regulatory and Legislative requirements;
- To manage and maintain the internal compliance monitoring program across the business;
- Producing reports articulating compliance related risks associated in accordance with work undertaken, where necessary;
- Ensure relevant reviews are conducted in a timely fashion in line with the compliance monitoring plan and process;
- Identify risks within the business and escalate where appropriate;
- Ensure that action plans are in place for remediation and mitigation of key risks identified throughout the monitoring process;
- To assist in providing advice to staff on FCA rules and regulations.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience to undertake the role:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 years' experience in a previous Risk / Compliance role
- A thorough understanding of the consumer credit sector and working within the regulatory framework of the FCA
- Ability to determine/interpret risk
- Works well independently and as part of the compliance team
- Able to work effectively under pressure
How to apply
If you wish to be considered for this Risk & Compliance Officer job click 'apply'. You will receive an email shortly after your application - you will need to read and respond to this to complete your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Suitable skills / experience: Compliance Officer, Risk and Compliance, Due Diligence,
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960294907