Operational Risk & Compliance Manager
Operational Risk/ Compliance Manager
A Risk & Compliance Manager is required for our leading financial services client based in Halifax, this is working across a 6-month contract ideally for immediately available contractors!
Core Purpose of Role:
To implement the risk management approach for Group Sourcing to ensure that significant risks and compliance issues are identified and appropriately managed and that the risk framework is operating effectively and efficiently within Group Sourcing.
- Develop an appropriate network across Group Sourcing in order to understand issues and risks across the Business
- Unit and to ensure that these are adequately understood, managed, monitored and addressed in line with the agreed Business Unit appetite.
- Understand and assess both the impact and mitigating actions of changing statutory and regulatory requirements on the Risk profile of Group Sourcing
- Provide advice, guidance and support to business units as required in response to complex risk & compliance issues to ensure adherence to Group Policies, Legal and Regulatory requirements. Including acting as the Centre of Excellence for all things Outsourcing/ Offshoring.
- Collate, monitor, prepare reports and instigate actions on risk matters in order to ensure senior management are appraised of key risk issues and sufficiently informed to take appropriate decisions. Including, where appropriate, the use of ORS.
- Analyse project workstream output, providing guidance on mitigation of risks and issues, escalating where appropriate.
- Oversight of the BUCF completion of annual CER exercises and track and report on action plan progress.
- To develop risk systems and controls in order to successfully monitor the implementation of Group Policies, Projects and Initiatives across Group Operations.
- Provide guidance to all units on ad hoc risks and issues including Operational Losses.
- To assist senior management/COO to ensure compliance with Annual Refresher Training.
- To undertake the annual refresh of the Group Sourcing policy and associated procedures, including ensuring appropriate updates from the relevant Procedure Owners. Sign off within the Risk COO mandated policy refresh window.
- Liaise with all other elements of the 3 Lines of Defence model.
- Produce the monthly Group Sourcing Risk Committee pack in conjunction with Group Ops BUCF. Take meeting minutes, circulate and track actions so that they are completed on time. Assist the SME and Secretary of GSRC with other duties as required.
- Where appropriate, design, build and undertake oversight of "Critical and Important" Outsourcing arrangements across the group (SMOR). Ensure key stakeholders across the group are aware of SMOR outcomes through regular and timely reporting.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Please contact Corinna Jones on ************ or email ************************* for more info!
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Please visit our website **********************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960292271