Delegated Underwriting Authority Executive
Delegated Underwriting Authority Executive- London- Competitive Salary
Due to company growtih The Standard Syndicate 1884 are recruiting for a Delegated Underwriting Executive who can support the Delegated Underwriting Authority (DUA) Manager on day to day issues, acting as a point of contact for the Syndicate, Lloyd's and the wider business community. This would include supporting the underwriting teams, particularly the management and set up of Delegated Underwriting (DU) arrangements and consortia for all lines of business.
- Help drive changes and process improvements within the DUA team working with the DUA Manager leading various projects with minimal supervision
- Review and approve all Delegated Underwriting arrangements written by both Syndicate Underwriters and via the service companies
- Review and contribute towards the update of Policies and Procedures relating to the management of delegated underwriting
- Provide regular reporting and KPIs illustrating binder performance, controls and exception reporting
- Co-ordinate and undertake due diligence including financial review; systems and controls; DR plans; policy documentation; banking arrangements; insurances; risk assessments; contract certainty checks; TCF and claims / Third Party Administrator arrangements.
- ATLAS and BARs administration
- Maintain diaries and chasing mechanisms to ensure bordereaux are received and downstream systems are up to date
- Manage the audit process including appointment, scoping, scheduling and ensuring remediation points are actioned
- Experience of working within the Lloyd's of London, Delegated Underwriting Authority arena
- Ability to communicate and explain complex issues clearly and succinctly
- Ability to build trust and effectively network both internally and externally
- Professional and approachable with a ''can-do'' attitude to successfully interact with senior management/colleagues/external suppliers
- Ability to manage time, manage projects, meet deadlines and prioritise effectively
- Ability to influence stakeholders both internal and external
Why The Standard Syndicate 1884?
In April 2015, the Standard Syndicate 1884 was launched. The Standard Syndicate is an insurance provider in the Lloyd's insurance market. We insure marine and energy risks with a focus on providing a broad range of cover to the marine and energy industry sectors. The syndicate has been established by The Standard Club, a long-standing, leading marine protection and indemnity (P&I) mutual insurer. The Standard Syndicate 1884 is managed by Charles Taylor Managing Agency (CTMA)
We are very proud of the fact that nine out of ten of our people recommend Charles Taylor as a place to work. We pride ourselves on having a positive work environment where our people are empowered to make the best decisions and where learning is valued highly and shared across our business.
We are very committed to ensuring our people are given continuous learning and development. As well as structured induction programmes and job training, we provide study support for relevant professional qualifications and have a Core Learning & Development Curriculum.
What do we offer?
- A competitive base salary with benefits
- 25 Holiday Entitlement/Paid Time Off
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Medical Insurance
- Income Protection Cover
- Life Assurance Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme (provided by Health Assured)
- Employee Discount Scheme with Charles Taylor Perks at Work
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960294416