Net / C# Analyst Programmer
Job Title: .Net / C# Analyst Programmer
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + bonus + benefits
Royal London is the largest mutual life, pensions and Investment Company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £106 billion. Group businesses provide around 9.0 million policies and employ 3,449 people. (Figures quoted are as at 30 June 2017).
Founded as a Friendly Society in a London coffee shop in 1861, Royal London started out with the aim to help people avoid the stigma of a pauper's grave. Since then we have been helping people help themselves and are committed to delivering the best value for customers and putting members first.
We have an exciting permanent opportunity for an experienced .Net / C# Analyst Programmer to join our development team based in Edinburgh. This is a key role within a motivated and energetic development team, working with the latest Microsoft .NET technologies and will play a pivotal role in the design, development and build a brand new market-leading platform. The role would suit a driven individual with a passion for software development and a proven track record of delivering enterprise scale software applications.
Main duties will include
- Design, development and build of a new market-leading platform
- Development of production strength software, adhering to divisional development standards.
- Working closely with business analysts to clarify and understand detailed and complex business requirements.
- Working closely with test analysts to ensure software is robustly tested
- Sharing technical knowledge and experience with less experienced developers
- Production of relevant documentation in accordance with RL development standards
Applicants must be able to demonstrate
- Proven experience developing enterprise scale ASP.NET C# software applications
- Strong OO Design and Development experience
- Experience of the following tools and technologies are essential:
- Microsoft .NET
- Microsoft C#
- NET MVC
- SQL Server
- Sound knowledge of system development techniques and industry best practices
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills with both a technical and non-technical audience
- Ability to discuss technical coding patterns and issues with other developers to find the optimal solution within an agreed technical framework
- Ability to share technical experience and knowledge with other developers
- Ability to work using different development methodologies and tools:
- Agile Development Methods
- Visual Studio
- Team Foundation Server
- TDD & Continuous Integration
- A flexible 'can do' attitude
- Ability to cope with high-levels of pressure, involving high profile projects
- Ability to quickly foster strong working relationships with colleagues and internal business stakeholders
- Experience with Angular (desirable but not essential)
- Experience with Web API (desirable but not essential)
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience to join Royal London, please send your CV and a covering letter/e-mail to ************************************** in the first instance.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960292557