Mobile Desktop Support Engineer
Mobile Desktop Support Engineer- Various locations around South East of England (Guildford, Farnborough, Alton, East Grinstead and West London etc)
Role can be based in Guildford or Horsham. Your choice!
About the role You will work as part of a small team dedicated to providing, 2nd and 3rd line desktop support to many Capita clients at various locations throughout the south east of England. Devices managed include desktops, laptops, thin clients tablets and other mobile devices. In addition to on-site support you will provide remote assistance to clients working away from site. You will also coordinate with other resolving teams to bring about resolutions within SLAs.
About Capita | Enterprise Services
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too
Enterprise Services solutions address the 'workplace of the future' and are designed to facilitate the mobility and productivity of employees, irrespective of their location or the device they're using. Enabling smarter use of corporate and personal devices by combining the best blend of devices, security services and productivity applications we improve productivity and user satisfaction.
What you will do:
- Investigate and resolve complex incidents / problems, working with the customer, other teams and vendors where necessary in line with priority/business impact, ensuring SLAs are met.
- Build and maintain excellent customer relationships with all clients and effectively manage challenging situations.
- Analyse incident trends to be able to provide proactive support to improve performance and service to clients.
- Ensure accurate and detailed event recording in incident handling system.
- Ensuring adherence to and maintenance of defined policies and procedures.
- Maintaining and producing documentation for support procedures.
- Liaise with third party software/hardware suppliers or maintenance suppliers where necessary.
- Provide technical input to internal project teams.
- Maintain up to date awareness of developments in IT industry and identify how appropriate ones can be applied.
- Any other relevant duties as requested by line management
Your experience will include:
- 2nd and 3rd line desktop support experience.
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office Applications and supporting Office 365.
- Active Directory administration (Users and Computers).
- A good understanding of Network support including wireless technologies.
- Hardware support for desktops, laptops and printers.
- Working knowledge of the Service Management and other system/desktop management toolsets (endpoint management solutions, LANDesk, SCCM etc.)
- Driving License
Desired Experience/Skills /Certification
- MSCA Windows 7 or 8.
- ITIL Foundation Certified.
- Consistent provider of excellent customer service.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels.
- Ability to liaise effectively with other support teams and 3rd parties to bring about solutions to problems collaboratively.
- Proactive individual who can identify areas where service improvements can be made and suggest ways in which systems can be improved.
- Ability to explain technical problems in a simple way.
- A team player who enjoys sharing knowledge with colleagues.
- Ability to produce high quality written documentation.
- Ability to prioritise tasks.
- Effective problem resolution skills.
- Ability to achieve targets as agreed by your manager.
- Willingness to work flexibly and at other locations within reasonable travelling distance as and when required.
- Willingness to provide out of hours support for office moves.
- Physical lifting and movement of IT equipment.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you holiday, pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960295093