Design Engineer - Cheshire
Due to increased demand, our client is expanding their design team. Our client design and manufacture a wide range of HGV trailers, rigid bodywork supplying major fleet operators. 3D SolidWorks software is our standard utilising the PDM data management software.
The role of design engineer suits skilled engineers with SolidWorks experience from a variety of industries who operate in a similar way, eg fabrication, other automotive industries. It is not necessary for the successful applicant to be experienced in trailer manufacturing, as full training will be provided as required.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will manage new contracts from the agreed job specification requirements through the design stages to the point of issuing design drawings, bill of materials and detailed drawings where required. Once the project reaches the production stage you will support the manufacturing departments to ensure a smooth and effective completion of the build. For new product design and ongoing product improvement you will be contributing towards the design activities as part of cross functional design teams in order to continually upgrade and improve the range of standard product designs.
- Project assessment and review of customer requirements including technical support for sales
- Project design to ensure customer requirements are converted into effective design solutions
- Creation of bill of material records including standard and non-standard parts
- Supporting manufacturing activities throughout the build and completion process
- Provide input to and contribute to standard product design improvements
The role will require day-to-day liaison with internal and external contacts including sales, planning, procurement, manufacturing, and from time to time, directly with suppliers.
Key Skills and Experience
This role is ideally suited to an organised, proactive and self-motivated individual with a systematic approach to design and documentation. Suitable candidates will have:
- Mechanical or Production Engineering Background to minimum HNC level
- Broad design and draughting experience, mechanical engineering including 3D SolidWorks
- Knowledge of, and interest in, lean manufacturing and value engineering
- Experience of and ability to work to tight project deadlines
- Comfortable with full range of PC office software applications
- Time served manufacturing experience desirable
You will have good communication skills and the ability to liaise on technical issues with both internal and external contacts.
39 hour week, flexible working
22 days holiday plus bank holidays
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960291977