£475 - £525/day – 6 month initial contract
Based in Milton Keynes
Our client is a well established Nationwide Rail company whose professionalism and well respected name have been instrumental in their success. They provide an exceptional service to their customers and are focused on continually improving this.
You will need:
- Extensive experience of working as a solution architect in a corporate is function
- Experience of delivering architecture components / compliance within an environment where systems and services are delivered via outsourced arrangements with key suppliers
- Enterprise integration concepts and technologies (e.g. eai, web services)
- Middleware concepts and technologies
- Web concepts and technologies (including internet, intranet, extranet, portals, ejb, web servers, application servers, firewalls)
- Networking and operating system concepts & technologies
- Willing and able to work in multi-disciplinary teams (gbs colleagues, business functions, suppliers etc.) to resolve business issues and problems in a collaborative fashion
- Development experience within a web based environment
- Document, content and/or digital asset management concepts and technologies (e.g. documentum)
- Prior experience of TOGAF
- Data Management concepts and technology (e.g. Data warehousing, DBMS’s e.g. Oracle)
- Process Management and workflow concepts & technologies (e.g. Oracle Workflow)
- Development lifecycles and notations covering structured, object and component based approaches (e.g. IE, DSDM, RUP, UML)
- Knowledge of specific applications used within Network Rail
- CASE/Modelling tools (ideally, Systems Architect)
To act as the design authority for programmes, responsible for the compilation of the high level architecture to support the strategic programmes and their constituent projects based on the strategic vision. To design solutions directly for GBS customers in the business, and check that the solutions built align with the as-is and to-be technical infrastructure.
- Verify that the detailed design, interfaces and technology align with the GBS strategy, and that data flows and integration meet GBS standards and definitions. This allows for the appropriate integration of interfaces, data and systems at a strategic level.
- Set technical standards for development of the applications solution.
- Engage colleagues in other areas of GBS to verify that the proposed design fits in with existing/proposed infrastructure, and where non-conformant, reconfigure or seek exception approval.
- Manage stakeholder understanding and expectation regarding the application design; confirming functionality meets business needs.
- Use agreed application design to act as an informed buyer for applications development from third parties; validating specifications and commercial constraints are clearly communicated and understood.
- Direct third party resources to develop the application, acting as a point of clarification for complex design issues verifying that the end product remains on time, cost and quality target.
- Verifying that programme/project related applications knowledge is passed to the central architecture team in order to drive re-use of data, processes and technology where appropriate.
Contact us now – *********************
To apply for this position contact Linda Davison by emailing your C.V to l i n d a . d a v i s o n @v i t a l .u k .c o m
The partnering concept promoted by Vital means that we work together with candidates and clients
to achieve your career and recruitment objectives. For clients the result is cost effective, culture-compatible solutions that make staff selection, recruitment and retention far easier.
For candidates it means a personal and professional relationship that will help you through every stage of obtaining your ideal job and pursuing your career goals.
Our commitment to both candidates and clients is equalled only by our professionalism and dedication to providing the best possible service.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960295580