IT Support Engineer - On Site
Do you have experience in resolving IT Infrastructure incidents to at least a 2nd Line Level? Do you have some good server side skills in Windows Server, AD, Exchange, and VMware?
Excellent opportunity to be part of a technology focused team supporting a full range of IT infrastructure including Windows Server, MS Exchange, AD, VMware, IT Sec, Storage, Cloud, and Citrix. The company are really keen to support and fund IT certifications.
The day to day responsibilities will include
* Takes ownership of incidents which cannot be solved immediately with the means of 1st Line Support.
* If necessary, they will request external support, e.g. from software or hardware manufacturers.
* Restoring a failed IT Service as quickly as possible.
* If no ad-hoc solution can be achieved, 2nd Line Support will transfer the Incident to expert technical support groups (3rd Line Support).
* If an unplanned disruption or degradation of service is found, the 2nd Line Support passes on the incident to Problem Management.
* Liaising with clients throughout the lifecycle of the service ticket.
* Prioritise and manage multiple tickets.
* Ensure that any technical issues on a service ticket are escalated efficiently.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the following skills / not all are essential:
* Exchange 2007/2016 support.
* Active Directory, Group Policy, DFS.
* Networking (switches, routers, VLANs, firewalls, VPN).
* VMware / Other Virtualisation technology (XenServer, Hyper-V, VirtualBox).
* Citrix (Presentation server, XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScaler, Web Interface, Licensing server, Citrix Secure Gateway).
* Windows Server OS (2003 R2, 2008 R2, 2012 R2).
* Print Server.
* File Shares.
* Imaging systems (Norton Ghost, ShadowProtect, Windows Deployment Services).
* Anti-Virus and disk encryption systems (Sophos, Bitlocker, Kaspersky, Norton, ESET, Mcafee).
* Backup Technologies (Symantec Backup Exec, Veeam, AppAssure, Replay, VMware VDR/VDP, Acronis, Windows/NT Backup).
* Database Server Applications (SQL, MySQL, PROGRESS, Oracle).
Good benefits package including, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, Pension scheme, Childcare vouchers, Training plans....
Urgent vacancy please apply asap.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960291258