This is an opportunity to work with growing and leading Technology Manufacturer
- Day-to-day responsibility for one or more process reactors, recipe generation, customer sign-off and overall process responsibility for relevant product lines
- Day to day reporting of performance metrics and ensuring bays deliver required product to plan, on time and to cost.
- Liaison with other teams (Equipment and Operations) to ensure reactors are maintained and run to the required specifications ensuring the customer is delivered a quality product.
- Management/implementation of improvement projects to lift performance to world class standards under supervision.
- Management of Yield/YMC improvement and cost control under supervision.
- Support to Product Directors and provide technical support to customers, via conference calls and meetings.
- Provide support to Sales Team during customer visits to site.
- Provide escalation path to Shift Teams for problem solving.
- Hands on support of bays, as per shift process engineering duties.(Inspections/Scheduling/Programming etc)
- Adhering to all internal safety, HR, environmental and quality guidelines & procedures.
- Graduate or higher graduate in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline. Previous MOVPE or III-V experience would be a distinct advantage
- Interpersonal - ability to work closely and communicate with all levels of operational, management and engineering staff.
- Process – An innate understanding of the MOVPE process, characterisation & hardware capabilities, processes & procedures.
- Professional – Problem solving and basic statistical process and data skills, (FMEA, Six Sigma, SPC, JMP, Lean manufacturing, Design of Experiments).
- Product – Commercial awareness – understanding of product profitability and customer requirements.
Health and Safety – Must have a good awareness of the legislative requirements surrounding the process
Objectives of Role
- Maximise reactor performance, utilisation, throughput & profitability
- Minimise YMC (yielded material costs), maximise Yield and OTD (On-Time Delivery)
- Minimise calibrations and raw material usage without compromising product quality
- Minimise customer returns
- Ensure weekly/monthly revenue forecasts are achieved to plan
- Problem solving and long term improvement projects.
- Concern for Excellence, Communication, Customer orientation, Interpersonal sensitivity, Flexibility and resilience, Personal Motivation, Team Working.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960292764