Purpose of the Role:
The Software Development and Architecture (SD&A) function provides mature agile development services for multiple customers and internal stakeholders, across a range of key software products across the business.
As a Systems Designer working within SD&A you will be integral to our cross-functional, multi-discipline agile product teams. We develop software solutions for governments across the globe to manage identity, protect revenue and provide analytical insights into currency use. We strive to design, develop and deliver highly effective applications and solutions using modern technologies and techniques supported by a passionate team of business analysts, developers and testers.
Your role will key to the success of our business through the delivery of architecture, design and prototypes for business critical production systems, ensuring alignment to our core business architectural principles.
You will work with development teams to design, develop and maintain business critical applications using a variety of technologies, providing mentoring, best practice guidance, and technical expertise.
We work together and value people who are collaborative, helping each other and sharing knowledge across the department, using wikis and team chat rooms to build our knowledge. We drive change and innovate, we love keeping up with the latest technologies and approaches, and furthering ourselves and our teams.
- Deliver application architecture and designs to meet requirements defined by the business for critical production systems.
- Employ extensive experience working with relevant development technologies to design and deliver prototypes, applications, and interfaces to business critical applications
- Work with internal business and operational teams to deliver system designs in line with the technical roadmap.
- Provide technical advice and guidance both internally and externally on the architecture, design, and development of business critical production systems.
- Liaise with business and operational teams to ensure deliverables are produced which meet business expectations and requirements.
- Liaise with development, testing teams to ensure the design is clearly understood and implemented in line with the core business architectural principles.
- Liaise with testing and operational teams to ensure the smooth migration of developed code from one environment to another.
- Mentor developers in best practice, suitable coding patterns, and development methodology
- Review the work of other team members and to provide assistance as directed.
- Provide input for improvements and enhancements to development strategy.
- Lead cross-functional development efforts, driving quality practices into work products throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Drive the selection, adoption, and integration of appropriate tools and techniques to support the broader development process
- Produce documentation as required by the development process as well as on an ad-hoc basis in line with departmental requirements.
- To support the behaviour of working as One De La Rue, sharing best practice and collaborating with colleagues outside of own sphere of business.
- To ensure full participation in the performance development review (PDR) process and maintain an up to date record of all training and development activities/programs.
- To always act and behave in a way compliant with all De La Rue company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to values and behaviours, environmental health and safety, ethics and codes of conduct, as it is through living our values that we strengthen the culture of our business, and demonstrate our understanding of our Code of Business Principles.
- Our organisation values are:
- o Act with integrity
- o Be open to change
- o Take Responsibility
- o Excel in what we do
- o Work together
Qualifications and Experience
- IT-related degree or equivalent.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good technical skills with a good knowledge of solution design and architecture.
- Experience of best practice relating to development methodologies and application lifecycle management.
- Experience and awareness of software design patterns and their application to solving problems.
- Experience of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Web Services, and associated technologies.
- Experience of technical mentoring and in-depth problem-solving and associated communication skills.
- Proven aptitude to rapidly adopt and implement new techniques and technologies, and to drive innovation in approaches to development.
- Experience of software development within an agile development environment, including implementing supporting tools or techniques.
- Experience of designing and implementing systems / software solutions that operate in a critical production / manufacturing environment desirable.
- Good database skills with a sound understanding of, and experience using SQL Server.
- An understanding of Enterprise Service Buses and their application to complex solutions.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960291226