My client are looking for a Solution Architect to support the Technology Infrastructure and Operations (TIO) organisation, as we transition a number of tooling capabilities from an External Service Provider to an internal Support Organisation, responsible for 1st Line Support of our Business and Enterprise Services.
You will be entrusted with completing the solution and service design for a number of critical Capabilities, required to provide 1st Line Support for those Applications and Enterprise Services.
A combination of strong communication skills, combined with hands on ability to lead and execute is a must.
Self-starter. Pro-active and being able to drive/initiate. This role isn't about connecting the dots but to initiate and make it happen.
Advanced organization/project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments, and advanced delegation skills involving prioritizing and reprioritizing projects and managing projects of various size and complexity.
Excellent problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues.
Master level in architectural design, strong knowledge of architectural governance.
This role will report to the PM for delivery and the Director of Architecture as part of practice.
* Establish Solution, Infrastructure and Service Designs for capabilities, which are transitioning to Support. The tools and services transitioning are:
- Infrastructure Monitoring
- Synthetics Monitoring
- Event Management
- File Integrity Monitoring
- Incident Management (Slack/Pagerduty/Jira)
- Patch Management
- ITSM integrations (CMDB and Service Desk)
Responsible for completion of all design artefacts:
- Capability definitions
- Service designs,
- Infrastructure designs
Introduce/train teams on new technology.
* Act as a conduit between Architecture and the development teams.
* Work across/with architects from different organizations in and outside the business.
* Problem-solve, involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues.
* Extract/translate findings into alternatives/solutions, identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making.
* Drive technical direction and architecture evolution via reviews and on-floor leadership.
* Proactively monitor new development to discover subsystems or components that should be evolved into shared services and capabilities.
* Proactively research, monitor, learn, and assess industry/technology advancements and continually build alliances to explore ways to leverage and advance technology.
- Understanding Monitoring tooling for On-Prem and Cloud Hosted applications and infrastructure.
- Understanding of ITSM tooling.
- Understanding of Service Design
- Understanding of complex integrations between tooling (On-Prem and SAAS (Pager duty, New Relic, Tanium, FreshService, Slack))
- Understanding ITIL Frameworks for Incident, Problem, Change Management
- Ability to map existing ITIL Frameworks to Agile Development and Dev-ops Methodologies.
- AWS Architecture experience/skills
- Understanding Continuous integration/Deployment toolchains.
- Solid working knowledge with multiple distributed system architectures and patterns, such as SOA, micro-services, REST.
- Experience with a plurality of the operating systems: AWS, Windows, Linux
- Innovative and solutions-oriented in new technologies, security, and infrastructure
- The role is based in the Kidlington, OXF office full time
- There may be a need to travel to Dayton in the US during the implementation phase for a week to meet with TIO Engineers
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960295622