Infrastructure Support Specialist Apprentice
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a successful £100m IT Service Delivery organisation whose service portfolio includes the provision of IT services through an on-site and mobile delivery, provided by 800 employees at 160 locations across the UK&I.
As a FDS employee you'll have access to a large library of courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development. Benefits include workplace pension scheme, various flexible benefits including life insurance, health cashback plan, holiday insurance, HP employee purchase store, private medical cover (medical cover comes in to effect after 6 months service)
This is an excellent opportunity to join us! As an employee you will gain access to a large library of training courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development. We will provide a clearly defined career path, with the structured training support you will need to develop an excellent career and valuable hands-on experience.
- Media Management and audits (media coming on to site and also being shipped off site)
- Hardware Installation, decommissioning and visual inspection / testing of Servers, switches, consoles and cabling.
- Administration and processing of Permits to Work, Fast Track approval and rack key management.
- Electronic equipment asset tagging, updating and auditing.
- Electronic recording of goods received, goods shipped and goods issued
- Under instruction you will perform Hands and Eyes activities which provides remote support for worldwide lost connectivity.
- Floor walks and visual inspections.
- Good verbal communication: with the ability to communicate to all levels of covering our client, FDS staff and management.
- Good written communication: for clear and concise call logging, escalations, documentation and email correspondence.
- Strongly self-motivated with the ability to work alone under own initiative.
- Good organisational and time management skills:
Things to consider:
You should be prepared to promptly travel from the Wynyard Datacentre to the Doxford Datacentres, as required, therefore, access to a car is preferred; travel will be funded by FDS in the form of mileage allowance claimed via expenses.
If you are successful you will need to be undergo MoD and MoJ Security Clearance.
Hourly rate / Annual Salary:
- Weeks 1 -26 (26) £3.50 £6,825.00
- week 27 -39 (13) £4.10 £8,000.00
- week 40 -52 (13) £5.64 £11,000.00
- Week 53 - 78 (26) £7.05 £13,747.50
- Week 79 -104 (26) £7.95 £15,500.00
"QA's apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960294086