- Excellent communicator: you are equally adept at sketching a design out on a whiteboard as you are writing the technical summary of a bug fix.
- Can demonstrate an eye for detail and are diligent. You are comfortable investigating deeply technical issues and summarising the findings to present to stakeholders.
- A demonstrable interest in software engineering best practices: you care about source control, continuous integration testing and writing clean code.
Bonus points for any of the following:
- Knowledge of computer networking and/or content streaming (TCP/IP, HTTP, UDP).
- Knowledge of broadcasting, DTV (Digital TV) or media formats, e.g. MPEG, H.264, AAC, ISOBMFF, MPEG-DASH, especially experience in creating, modifying, and analysing such formats.
- Experience of using SVN, JIRA, Jenkins / continuous integration environments.
This is a 3 month rolling contract and candidates will need to be either available immediately or able to start within the next 3 weeks. The role will be based in Bristol City Centre within walking distance of Temple Meads station & Cabot Circus.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960292300