Cost Accountant (Maternity Cover)
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Assist the Senior Management Accountant with the month end close, taking specific responsibility for the reporting of expenses, preparing accruals and prepayments, ensuring accuracy and understanding of the numbers and adhering to the required deadlines.
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
· Review expenditure on a monthly basis, make recommendations for cost Provide management information to Cost Centre owners and review savings and provide management information to cost centre owners.
· Prepare budgets, seeing through to completion and re-forecasts as and when required.
· Provide additional supporting documentation / analysis for specific expenditure, eg. Legal & Professional, exceptional costs.
· Provide necessary support to Financial Accounting to back up Balance Sheet Reconciliations on a monthly basis.
· Responsibility for producing relevant pages and commentaries within the monthly MI Pack to be distributed within agreed deadlines.
· Various project work as required.
· Identify and make recommendations on process improvement.
· Qualified / studying AAT
· Prior experience within a busy medium sized finance team
· Strong financial systems experience
· Assist in preparations of budgets and business plans
· Excellent excel skills and be comfortable with V-Look-ups, pivot tables.
· Experienced in the production of Management Accounts
· Previous experience in Forecasting, Budget, month end journals production
Skills / Aptitudes
· Collaborative Working- Works Co-Operatively
· Communicating Clearly-Communicates Professionally
· Leading & Developing-Drives Own Development
· Thinking Customer-Puts the Customer First
· Commercial Mind-set-Makes an effort to limit wasted resource
· Analysing & Initiating-Makes Effective Decisions
· Adapting & Responding-Is Open to Change
· Taking Ownership-Accepts Responsibility
· Creating & Innovating-Seeks Improvement
· Planning & Prioritising-Prioritises and Plans Own Work
· Pro-active and enthusiastic
· Ability to demonstrate a desire to develop this role
Other package benefits:
Up to 25 Days’ Holiday + Bank Holiday
Employer Pension Contribution
Health Shield Cash Plan
Discounted gym flex
Free car parking
Free tea and coffee
This is a maternity cover for a period of 12-14 months on a 30 hour per week time basis. Expected start date early-April 2018.
All applicants must live in the UK and be eligible to work in the UK.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from persons of any age for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960291156