Technical Architect – Microsoft 365
Technical Design Manager
Up to £75k plus excellent benefits
As a Technical Architect, your role will entail showcasing and demonstrating solutions to customers, being involved with the pre-sales engagement cycle to assist the Softcat sales team and producing proposed designs for the implementation of the Microsoft 365 suite of products centering around Azure, Office 365, Enterprise Mobility + Security and Windows 10.
- Being responsible as a subject matter expert for the successful design of solutions that utilise the Microsoft 365 suite of products for a wide variety of customers including; hybrid Active Directory and Exchange deployments, Windows 10 migrations, Cloud and Mobility security solutions, Workplace mobility evangelism, Office 365 tenant to tenant migrations and Azure public and private Cloud integrations.
- Work with Sales to help them position the correct solutions to meet customer challenges. This should include conference calls, client meetings, workshops, blogging and article writing.
- Provide high quality documented output (Visio diagrams, design documentation, analysis work).
- Assist the Microsoft implementation teams by producing high level designs and documentation as a pre-requisite for the implementation of the Microsoft 365 suite of products.
- Create design estimates, quotations and bills of material where appropriate.
- Engage across Services to ensure that we’ve fully explored a customer requirement and provided the best outcome possible against requirement including Service Management, Managed Services etc.
- Have, maintain and continuously strive to gain knowledge around Microsoft’s on premise and public cloud offerings.
- Maintain an accurate and timely updated pipeline and record of work completed through Pipedrive.
- Work to continuously improve Softcat’s best practice around design.
- Provide specialist guidance, advice and training to less experienced colleagues to ensure the continued growth and development of the team.
Skills and Experience
- The individual should have several years’ experience with both the core Microsoft product suites: AD and Exchange, Enterprise Mobility and Security around Windows 10 as well as further experience with the Cloud Platform, including Office 365 and Azure.
- Qualification and Certifications consummate to the experience of the individual. Ideally several or all of the below:
- Microsoft MCSA: Office 365
- Microsoft MCSE: Messaging
- Microsoft MCSE: Mobility
- Microsoft MCSE: Cloud Platform
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure and technical design concepts, constructs and documentation.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships – with internal and external customers and partners.
- Articulate – ability to present complex information clearly, persuasively and elegantly through presentations and whiteboarding.
- Commercial acumen – ability to demonstrate value to our customers with our offerings.
- Consultative skills, with the ability to identify customer position, requirements and business needs.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet expectations for fast turn-around times.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
Passion. Intelligence. Fun. Responsible; these are the core values which define Softcat. We are one of the UK’s leading IT infrastructure providers and a FTSE 250 listed company. The business is based on two key principles: outstanding customer service and employee satisfaction- both of which inspire our flexible, friendly approach to business.
At Softcat we show our appreciation for our employees by offering them a full range of benefits and perks including free breakfast and tea/coffee throughout the day, regular team and company-wide events, pension, life assurance, childcare vouchers, shares scheme and many more.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960292058