Support Engineer - SQL, MySQL, Linux, Ubuntu
Support Engineer – SQL, MySQL, Linux, Ubuntu
Technical Skills Required
Knowledge of the following is required or advantageous;
- SQL (preferably MySQL) – candidates should be comfortable with using SQL to diagnose and rectify database issues on live customer deployments.
- Linux / Ubuntu – working knowledge is required.
- Application Support and Troubleshooting – experience in diagnosing problems in a customer-facing role is required.
- HL7 – knowledge is desirable.
- Networking – knowledge is desirable.
- VMWare – knowledge of VMWare or other virtualisation environments and tools is desirable.
- Resilient, real-time architectures – experience in resolving problems with such solutions is desirable.
- Microsoft Word – an ability to create logical and well-constructed documentation is required.
About the role
The responsibilities of the Support Engineer role include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to customer support enquiries, resolving them or passing them to an appropriate owner and tracking them through to completion.
- Ensuring that the response SLA committed to customers is met.
- Following Company processes, and taking an active role in process improvement, to ensure personal and team deliverables meet the right level of quality and are timely.
- Potentially taking up to a quarter share of the out of hours support duty rota if team structure requires it.
- Contributing to the development of user guides, technical designs, implementation and support procedures and other technical documentation.
- Where support duties require, there will be occasional travel to customer sites across the UK and potentially overseas.
- Seeking continuous improvement in the product through participation in development and test processes and actively providing feedback to the development team.
This full-time position will be based at the Wokingham offices.
About the company
My client is a pioneering software house, bringing clinical applications to mobile users within acute hospitals. Their mobile/server technology provides services which free clinicians from desktop PCs and allow them to leverage real-time patient and hospital information to make timely and appropriate clinical decisions.
Uniquely providing a whole hospital platform that can deliver electronic observations, handover, task management and clinical assessments. Accompanying governance and escalation management integrates essential patient safety safeguards.
Company culture is clinically-led, centred around patient care and providing quality solutions and support to our customers. Offices are in Wokingham, UK, with customers across the UK and overseas.
In addition to demonstrating strong technical skills, the successful applicant will:
- Hold a full UK driving license.
- Possess excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Quickly learn new technologies and skills, with a clear focus on results.
- Plan work activities in a logical and clear manner.
- Collaborate effectively with customers and colleagues both in person and by phone, email, and other collaborative tools.
- Be patient and helpful with customers and colleagues.
Salary and Benefits
Salary for this role is negotiable.
All staff members receive the following benefits package:
- 23 days of annual holiday, plus public holidays.
- An opt-in company pension scheme, with employer contributions up to 4% of salary.
- An annual company bonus, the value of which is determined based upon company success and outlook and personal performance.
- Travel expenses related to customer activities
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960292116