Systems Software Engineer (Robotic / Mechatronic)
My Client, RACE, is on its way to becoming the World Leader in offering bespoke remote and robotic solutions to Clients across the Globe!
The role is based out of their purpose built brand new building at Culham Science Park - easy access from all the nearby towns and excellent public transport connection!
As a successful applicant, you are able to support projects with robotic systems software engineering expertise, producing designs for robotic remote handling systems and working on the design and execution of advanced control research projects.
You are degree qualified (Control System Engineering or related field) You have strong programming skills in C++ and are fascinated with robotics, real-time software and innovation!
As part of your standard day, you would be accountable for one or more of the following:
* Specification, design, and implementation of software for robotic systems and graphical user interface software.
* Specification of control interfaces to remote handling devices.
* Design and execution of research projects.
As an addition to your academic knowledge and C++ knowledge any of the below would be a desirable addition to your profile:
* Experience of design and practical implementation of Graphical User Interfaces
* Experience of developing real time software using VxWorks, or RT Linux
* Experience of designing control systems for servo-actuator systems
* Knowledge of mathematical modelling and optimisation of servo systems
* Knowledge of regulations relating to safety of machines
* Familiarity with system modelling UML/SysML beneficial
* Familiarity with source code version control systems (Git, SVN etc..)
* Professional registration
Please note, the Client has assessed this role to fall inside IR35 and therefore, the contract is offered on PAYE or Umbrella basis ONLY.
All successful applicants must undertake BPSS clearance, all costs covered by end Client
If you would like to be consisdered for this role, please send your CV through
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960288262