Application Support Engineer
Our client, a FTSE 100 firm with 1000’s of employees is looking for an Application Support Engineer with scripting, DevOps and Admin experience.
Summary of Purpose of Role:
Provide application and DevOps support for the data integration and fusion applications. The applications perform data cleaning, crunching, fusing, modelling and aggregation before it is exposed through client tools or APIs for further processing.
- Oversee practices and processes to ensure integrity, safety and availability of all data and applications
- You'll act as a technical point of contact to fix application and systems issues, usually on an immediate basis
- Road testing and implementation of new applications
- The training and support of staff in using applications
- Analysis and diagnosis of application errors
- Problem resolution in both the long and short term
- Design and development of existing and new applications
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Technical skills – Linux, SQL, Scripting (Bash, Python), Java
- System administration, DevOps experience or related tools such as Jenkins
- Ability to switch between tasks quickly and stay in control of problematic situations.
- Dealing with both internal and external clients, ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Customer service skills
- Ability to work independently but also as a part of a team
- Spark and Hive
- CI, CD Experience
- Cloud technologies – SAAS, IAAS, SL, AWS, AZURE
- Working with vendors / offshore teams
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960293230