I am urgently recruiting for a technical lead for my exciting client based in prime location London.
This is a multi-faceted and exciting role working with an awesome team in a really cool working environment on exciting projects making this an opportunity you don't want to miss out on!
Role and tech:
- Facilitating the design of the 'top of stack' services, APIs, site and data visualisations that sit on top of a big data stack
- Designing APIs that can be consumed by multiple applications and channels (web/mobile etc) and for multiple use cases, conforming to modern standards for communication, authentication, documentation and structure
- Working with big data tech leads and engineers to deliver a solution that presents the output from big data queries
- High quality, test-driven software using functional and object-oriented design principles
- A team using continuous delivery tools such as Docker, Google Cloud Platform, GitLab and Ansible
- Working in a cross-functional Agile team, alongside other engineers, product owners, designers, and testers
- We don't expect you to be an expert in in all the languages and libraries, but you will need the proficiency and enough related experience to get up to speed quickly and provide hands-on mentoring to our developers.
- Lead the overall design and development of the technical solution on your project;
- Lead the design of APIs that can be consumed by multiple applications and channels (web/mobile etc) and for multiple use cases, conforming to modern standards for communication, authentication, documentation and structure
- Consult the team and client on the technical strategy for the project, owning how it evolves;
- Help our clients evolve their development practices and support the growth of their team. For example, applying practices like BDD, DevOps and Continuous Delivery;
- Help evolve our own development and delivery practices across all our products, working closely with others in the engineering community of practice;
- You will work closely with our senior engineering team and delivery director to continuously assess the status of our projects, and plan the support required across the team.
- Software craftsmanship
- Solve complex programming problems in a clean and testable way;
- Contribute to continuous improvement of development practices and standards;
- Evaluate how different technologies, frameworks and languages can be used to deliver the best possible solution for both internal teams and clients.
- Cross-functional, co-sourced development
- Learn and collaborate in cross-functional, co-sourced teams with developers, testers, product owners, agile delivery leads and industry specialists;
- Promote collective code ownership across the stack, contributing to infrastructure, application and database development;
- Work closely with client team members and on client site, where required.
This role is urgent so please apply ASAP should you be interested.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960291324