Procurement Category Manager - Indirect
Element and Exova have become one.
Element Materials Technology (Element) and Exova Group Limited (Exova) have joined forces to create one, world-class global testing services partner. The combined group will consist of more than 6,200 employees, operating out of 200 laboratories, located in over 30 countries across 5 continents.
Nothing in the world happens without testing. The car we drive. The flight we catch. In any given day, the work we do affects billions of people. Although our profile is low, our work is critical to public safety. It plays a key role in making the world safer, cleaner and more efficient.
We are looking for an Indirect Category Manager who will report to the Regional Sourcing Lead, Indirect Materials and Services. Your role will be to design and execute sourcing strategies for non-technical categories, such has corporate services, HR, insurance, IT/Telco, financial services etc.
Main responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute strategies to increase procurement coverage in Europe, ensuring competitive advantage and sustainable year-on-year improvements in terms of cost, quality, service and innovation
- Lead and execute sourcing projects including strategy development, supplier negotiation, award recommendations, business case presentations, risk management and contract execution
- Perform total cost of ownership evaluations and supply-market research
- Conduct pricing audits and impact analysis in the pursuit of continuous cost improvements
- Identify and resolve strategic supplier performance issues to ensure customer satisfaction
Knowledge and experience:
- Degree in Business or technical discipline
- Industry professional qualification – i.e. CPSM, CIPS
- Up to date knowledge of contract language and legislative requirements
- Solid experience in sourcing, contracting and project management
- Experience in sourcing/cost cutting experience with a Fortune 500 company, a leading consultancy, or a large service industry company
- Proven experience in designing and executing sourcing strategies that consistently deliver measureable bottom line cost savings
- Proven track record in influencing sourcing decisions within these specialist spend categories
Skills and competences
- Expert negotiator and influencer
- Strategic thinker with the vision to plan and drive results
- Strong interpersonal skills for communication, networking and influencing, particularly at exec level
- Highly numerate
- Creative outlook when problem solving
- Excited by innovation and new opportunities
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as independently - to use initiative and work autonomously
- Fluent English is essential and other European language skills such as German is a real plus
What’s in it for you?
We recognise that our people are vital to our current and future success and that they are our most valued resource. A role with Element will always be demanding but we look to recognise and reward bright, original-thinking and hard-working people, regardless of their field of expertise.
Our experts bring passion and commitment to their work. Work for us and we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
We are an equal opportunities employer
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960292737