Test Engineer / Technician
BASED STIRLING – PERMANENT – SALARY DOE
Based in Stirling, ESS’s client is a highly successful medium sized business recently merged with a global oil and gas OEM giant. They are at the forefront of the design and manufacture of next generation measurement and instrumentation equipment. The business is going through a large change programme, and to help them do this they need to make the key hire of a Test Engineer.
Reporting into the Production Manager, the Test Engineer will be responsible for product test at all stages, from component to fully assembled systems. Candidates need to be diligent with excellent attention to detail, and will work closely with instrumentation teams and external customers. Other key responsibilities are likely to include:
- Component test of lasers and detectors
- Burn in and lifetime test of components and gas sensors, continuously monitoring performance
- Use of a FTIR to characterise lasers
- Full system test of prototype and production gas sensors
- Report generation to provide feedback to the instrumentation team and customers.
- Feedback to design teams on all aspects of our products, including performance, software interfaces and mechanical design to aid continuous improvement
- Optical alignment of gas sensor sub-components including optical cells and laser modules, and characterisation of laser modules for incorporation into gas sensors
- Be an active member of the team, contributing ideas at all levels
Ideally you are educated to degree in an engineering or scientific disciplines (physics and chemistry preferred). We would be especially keen to hear from candidates who have worked with spectroscopy equipment, gas analysers and other instrumentation. Technically competent and able to use scientific equipment, we would like to hear from candidates with relevant prior industry experience. These roles are well suited to graduates and Masters Students, who have a desire to work with laser technologies and measurement instrumentation, or experienced and proven Electronic Test Technicians / Engineers.
Attitude and personality are keen in this role. Relevant candidates will need to show passion, drive and a really solid attitude to hard work and effort to help with their growth plans. You should also ideally be open to overtime and working a shift pattern in the future.
This is a superb opportunity to join a rapidly expanding and highly successful technology business based in Scotland. An excellent base salary and benefits package with enhanced career development and job security is on offer. The real draw is for someone to be part of a fast growing business on the way up, and offering a fulfilling and varied career.
To apply to this role please contact our retained recruitment partner Katie Hydes at ESS.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960293986