Linux Engineer - Permanent - Gloucestershire - Up to £50,000 per Annum
Our client is seeking a Senior Linux Engineer to work on the design and development of secure embedded Linux systems, including driver development and initial board bring up for a new range of Innovative cyber security products.
- Be able to act as a technical authority for sub-systems and less complex projects.
- Provide technical leadership to engineering teams.
- Ensure that Systems Engineering lifecycle processes are employed throughout the project.
- Contribute to the generation of technical proposals, bids, and presentations.
- Provide technical input into project estimating and controlling processes.
- Decompose top level requirements to sub-system requirements.
- Provide requirements traceability.
- Contribute and lead design, research and development of engineering solutions.
- Lead the implementation of design solutions and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Drive the test and qualification strategy for solutions and sub-systems.
- Contribute to gate reviews and lead peer reviews.
- Produce technical documentation to a high professional standard.
- Provide support to engineering projects/products throughout their lifecycle.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of latest technology advancements and promote engineering best practice.
- Develop and coach junior staff members.
- Embedded C / C++ Code Development
- Object Oriented Design
- Embedded Linux Code Development
- Kernel space
- Application (user) space
- Device drivers
- File system construction
- Linux Board Bring-up (e.g. Uboot)
- Linux Build Systems (e.g. Yocto/Buildroot)
- Open Source Distribution / Package knowledge. License awareness
- Boot Loaders
- Interrupt Handling / Drivers
- Working within Constraints (e.g. space, performance)
- Interfacing with other technologies (e.g. FPGAs)
- ARM processors/assembly
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Waterfall/Agile Development Methodologies
- UML modelling
- Design Patterns
- Communications Protocols
- Team Collaboration (i.e Version Control (e.g. Git) / Code Reviewing / Coding Standards)
- Code Testing Strategies / Continuous Integration
- Scripting (e.g. Bash, Python)
- Requirements Analysis/Traceability
- Technical documentation generation
- Results & Delivery Orientation: Consistently achieves objectives and outcomes overcoming obstacles. Prepared to ensure the success of a project in any reasonable way.
- Innovation: Engaged in innovative solutions and development of engineering designs. Contributes new ideas and suggestions to work and team.
- Continuous Improvement: Contributes to and integrates improvements analysing mistakes and delivering excellence.
- Accountability & Ownership: Delivers on promises, is trustworthy and reliable.
- Communicating & Working Collaboratively: Involves others. Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Customer Led: Understands the needs of the team and responds positively to meet their expectations building relationships as they do so.
- Getting the Best from People: Where appropriate manages people performance and development.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960288885