Mechanical Design Engineer
RDT Engineers has become the fastest growing engineering consultancy in Europe, a leader in engineering product and processes. With offices located throughout mainland Europe and Derby, UK we currently have a staff of more than 900 engineers.
Our Client are a Manufacturer of the world’s most effective electric tugs to move wheeled loads from 50 kg up to 120,000 kg. Their unrivaled range of compact, battery-powered electric tugs improve operational efficiency, reduce manual handling and promote lean manufacturing across many industries worldwide.
Due to heavy workload they are seeking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team undertaking several large, exciting new projects.
The Mechanical designer will sit in the design department reviewing specifications and other data to develop mechanical layouts. The successful Candidate will have working knowledge of mechanical parts as well as excellent experience using Solid Edge ideally as well as CAD software.
- designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability
- developing a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines
- developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs
- discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers
- making sure a product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments
- producing details of specifications and outline designs
- recommending modifications following prototype test results
- using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modelling and computer-aided design
- considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints
- working with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector
- monitoring and commissioning plant and systems.
- Ability to understand/produce technical drawings
- Ability to co-ordinate with the other discipline Engineers (electronics and optics) within the department to produce multidisciplinary design solutions
- Must be Mechanical bias, but with experience of electrical/hydraulic component base level specification and integration
- Whole product design experience
- Confident, proactive character, ability to take the lead in challenging situations
- Good communication skills, dealing with other employees and external clients
- Good IT skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Self motivated Team player
- Effective problem solving capabilities
- Committed to undertaking professional development
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960288165