Job ID: 289962
Job Family: Communications
Organisation: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Job Status: Full time only
Communications Intern, LCF W
Siemens Wind Power and Gamesa have recently merged to create a leader in the renewable energy industry, to provide cleaner, more reliable and more affordable energy to society, and to create lasting value for all stakeholders. With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
We are looking for the decision-makers of tomorrow, the talented undergraduates with the ambition to question beyond a textbook and drive to test themselves in the real world. We are now looking for a brilliant Communications Intern. If you enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love to hear from you!
Working for an industry leader on projects that make a difference to the world, you will be based at our £310 million site at Alexandra Dock in Hull.
Over the 12 months you are with us, there will be new experiences and big opportunities providing a fantastic foundation to build your career.
What are my responsibilities?
This role will support the Communications Manager at the Hull site with a variety of activities. In this role, you will support us to continually improve our internal communication channels, with a particular focus on offline communication such as corporate events and publications.
An important part of this role involves planning, writing and editing engaging articles for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as employee newsletters and bulletins.
It is a varied and challenging role, and you will be responsible to be proactive and take ownership for tasks such as:
- Create innovative and high impact campaigns that positively influence the intended audience and result in measurable benefits
- Help develop and implement internal communications and community engagement plans that support the business goals of the Hull site. This will involve some working with creative agencies.
- As communications intern, you will represent us in the local community (e.g. assisting with the planning of site tours from VIPs and media and managing requests from partners and charities).
- You will be responsible for acquiring appropriate merchandise and marketing materials to support external events.
- Everything you create and deliver including projects and plans will be in line with activity timelines, KPIs and budget
- You are required to ensure all communications are consistent and in line with global brand values, compliance, Health and Safety and other relevant guidelines.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You will be studying for a Communications, Media or Marketing degree working towards a 2:1 or above and ideally be in your final year
- Good knowledge of MS Word and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of SharePoint, file sharing and storage of information
- Ability to prioritise workload, multi-task, work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and confidence to communicate at all levels internally and externally
- Be proactive and self-motivated, with the ability to set priorities and manage to tight deadlines
- Ability to use initiative
What's in it for you?
We offer exciting challenges and career opportunities in an innovative, global company at the leading edge of green technology. Our working environment is open, inspiring and international, and we provide great potential for personal and professional development.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960287836