To be responsible, along with colleagues from the Credit & Collections department for accounts receivable management for the company.ensuring accurate and timely posting of all cash received (direct debits, cheques / BACS etc) onto the relevant ledger account, in accordance with the Companies Credit Policy/Procedures Manual.To monitor, review and resolve payment queries received from internal and external customers in accordance with current procedures liaising closely with assigned Credit Controllers, in respect of allocation queries. To support Risk function by opening new accounts as required.
·Collate all payments received and complete all relevant control documentation.
·Post payments to customer SL accounts using pre-defined processes and controls.
·Reconcile customer’s remittances to the Sales Ledger.
·Process daily banking when required.
·Deal with payment queries.
·Liaise with relevant Credit Control Department
·File of daily bank statements and relevant back up.
·Ad hoc tasks as required to fulfil the purpose of this position.
·General duties, as required, to assist in the general running of the Cash Allocations, Collections and Contract Admin departments.
·Process Credit Notes
·Process Direct Debit Mandates and maintain records.
·Ensure adherence to credit policies and business rules to ensure risk mitigation and compliance.
·Work closely with all other relevant department to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
·Passing of sales invoices
- Assist the business in achieving goals for both revenue growth and delinquency / bad debt expense
- To carry out annual reviews in line with Policy 5.0, implementing relevant action based on analysis and compliance looking to provide continual support to the Sales teams
Whilst the above outlines the main duties of the post, the list is not exhaustive and duties may need to change in the light of future developments or as directed by management and business needs.
- Minimum of 3 years previous commercial credit experience
- Collections experience preferred
- Operational and allocations experience
- Strong IT Skills and the ability to use multiple systems
- Strong presentation and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong fluency in English, with other European languages being an advantage
- Financial aptitude
- Strong analytical capabilities
- A positive change agent with the ability to communicate and influence at all levels
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960288940