Aircraft Simulator Engineer
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Traning Equipment/Maintenance Engineer from a Mechnical/Electrical background within Aerospace to join a leading Aircraft Simulator Training School in Oxfordshire.
Please note: This role operates on a 3 weekly alternated shift pattern (6am-2pm/2pm-10pm/10pm-6am Mon-Friday)
Primary Purpose of the Role:
- To provide maintenance for the Synthetic Training Equipment (STE) and classroom equipment as assigned by the STE Manager. To support, service and repair the STE and Classroom equipment to achieve as a minimum the contract key performance maintenance criteria.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Maintain and refresh Planned Maintenance Programmes (PMPs) for the STE and Classroom equipment
- Conduct all preventative maintenance activities in accordance with the PMPs for the STE and Classroom equipment, and any corrective maintenance activities
- Ensure that all maintenance activities are recorded and tracked, including corrective action to rectify Service Failures and or Facility Deficiencies
- Ensure Service Failures and/or Facility Deficiencies associated with the Facility, STE and Classroom equipment are logged on Jira
- Ensure the inventory management system is maintained and correctly updated to monitor the use of spares and their repair cycles
- Ensure software backup, recovery process, cloning and storage of Software is carried out
- Provide assistance where appropriate with the refresh of the Information Technology hardware and software
- Configuration control in accordance with the STE and classroom configuration management plan
- Ensure support is provided to the RAF in performing the annual validation checks of the STE, including running 100% of the Qualification Test Guide per year.
- The STE engineers will ensure the instructor operating station and ownship databases are updated as per Authority supplied digital aeronautical flight information file
- Incorporation into the delivered Terrain Data Bases, updates to the visual databases
- Ensure consumables are replenished when required, in accordance with the respective STE manufacturer processes for consumable replenishment. The consumption of consumables will be monitored on a monthly basis
- Ensuring the holdings of tools and test equipment are fit for use and sufficient for the task.
- Ensuring maintenance, testing and operation of the STE and Classroom equipment is carried out in accordance with current regulations and orders by qualified employees:
- The correct engineering practices and procedures are employed, i.e. the appropriate Health and Safety precautions are observed and the necessary documentation records are completed to the Site Quality Plan.
- Ensuring no unauthorised modifications are carried out on any equipment under their control.
- In addition the STE Engineer is to:
- Ensure that all outputs are fit for purpose and achieved at the most economic cost.
- Be aware of the security requirements in accordance with the Security Management Plan.
- Dispose of all consumable parts and waste products in accordance with national and local legislation.
- Ensure the facility areas which are under their control, are maintained in a clean and tidy condition.
- Control of Spares, tools, test equipment and other such secondary tasks as required for efficient running of Site maintenance operations.
- Ensure open lines of communication are maintained at all times ie telephone and e-mail, where appropriate.
- Provide contracted support on weekends for Cargo Hold Trainer on a rota syste
Ideally you will have an aricraft engineering or aircraft maintenance background. Experience is flexible.
If this position is of interest please apply or contact Matthew Crook on ************* /
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960288965